Death Note

Do you have a favorite non sci-fi related series? If you do you can post it here. Please remember the boards are PG-13.
Katz
Lander

Death Note

Post by Katz »

Anyone seen this one yet? I went online and watched the entire series after watching just one episode on adult swim. If you haven't heard of it - I sugguest looking it up. For those who have watched it.... high lights?

mine? "Do you know L that God's of Death love apples?"
In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute. Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe.
-World of Narue
Midnight Star
Founding Member

Re: Death Note

Post by Midnight Star »

Yes I have seen some of this series. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I have only seen the first 5 episodes on ondemand. Also saw a few on Adult Swim.
Katz
Lander

Post by Katz »

Why did you think it was going to be bad? It went from Japan to here in no time for anime. Usually we have to wait forever but it became REALLY popular really fast. Be careful boys and girls! Next time you go to a convention you will be seeing lots of death note. (not as bad as Naruto maybe... but getting there.)

I love te series for it's intelligence. The plot, characters, and storyline rocks! Great original concept for a anime. And the manga is even better cause they have a few things they left out in the anime but the anime did a surprisingly amazing job on keeping the story intact and pretty complete. For the first 45 chapts. i barely saw anything different than the anime.
In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute. Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe.
-World of Narue
Midnight Star
Founding Member

Post by Midnight Star »

I don't care for most of the shows aired on Adult Swim. I only watch Bleach. I only watch Death Note when it's ondemand that way I can understand it from the beginning.
Katz
Lander

Post by Katz »

I just watched it on youtube - after I saw a few episodes on Adult swim

It's now on my top 10 list of anime to buy now. (which is saying a lot) So is ouran High School Host Club - ...

I need to get a Kira supporter banner and a L supporter banner for use at this site. Or just one with the two clashing. 8-)

To make this topic more interesting i'll start putting up pictures of death note and banners + avatars. (but not too many so if you want one or if you want to post one go for it!)
-World of Narue
Midnight Star
Founding Member

Post by Midnight Star »

You know there are yaoi pics of them as well. ;)