Valkyria Chronicles Anime Now Airing

Do you have a favorite non sci-fi related series? If you do you can post it here. Please remember the boards are PG-13.
Stilts
Lander

Valkyria Chronicles Anime Now Airing

Post by Stilts »

As the owner of a Playstation 3, the first game I bought was an under-appreciated gem of a strategy RPG called Valkyria Chronicles. I had (and am still having) a wonderful time with it, so you can imagine my glee when I heard an anime adaptation was going to air during Japan's spring season.

The basic plot set-up: The Imperial army is invading Gallia, the nation of the protagonists. Three kids from a small town--Alicia, a member of the town guard; Welkin, the son of a war hero; and Isara, Welkin's sister--become embroiled in the war effort when the Imperials attack them.

Oh, and sometime later there's a big-breasted, silver-haired stoic who wields a huge lance that shoots blue energy beams. It's pretty awesome. The first episode has been fansubbed, so you should watch it. Because if you don't...

Alicia will want a word with you.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Anime Now Airing

Post by Ekuryua »

Given how video game adaptation anime have been handled in the past (that's right, Tales of Symphonia, I'm looking at YOU), I won't get my hopes up. I'll still give it a try though.
End Transmission.