Crysis

Do you have a favorite non sci-fi related series? If you do you can post it here. Please remember the boards are PG-13.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Crysis

Post by Ekuryua »

Well, after confirming that my computer's specs are sufficient to play this game, I've decided to give it a shot. Hopefully it will have a good story. Has anybody here played it, and what do you think?
End Transmission.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Re: Crysis

Post by Ekuryua »

After playing the demo, I've decided to give up on this one for a while... a least until I can get a better graphics card. :shock:
End Transmission.
Stilts
Lander

Re: Crysis

Post by Stilts »

If you're in the market for a new video card, you may find these two articles helpful:

NVIDIA 8800GT Benchmarks
ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series Benchmarks

In case anyone reading this post is unfamiliar with benchmarks, they're meant to test the performance of a particular piece of hardware in relation to other relevant pieces of hardware from the same category. In the case of these articles, the 8800GT is tested against the other GeForce 8 series cards (8800GTS, 8800GTX, etc., along with a high-performance ATI card for good measure), and the two new Radeon cards are tested against the NVIDIA cards of the same pricerange (8600GTS and 8800GT). The way [H] Enthusiast does its benchmarking is to find the best playable settings in a game for each card. So, unlike with most benchmarks, you shouldn't look at the average framerate first; you should first look at the graphics settings. Then look at the framerate if the settings are identical.

And yes, those benchmarks do include testing with the Crysis Single-Player Demo. ;)