37_Telepathic Confrontation

Here you will find each story posted in a readable format. This is a copyrighted work and is protected by intellectual property laws recognized by most nations. In other words read and enjoy but post no where else.
Diaho
Site Administrator

37_Telepathic Confrontation

Post by Diaho »

Telepathic Confrontation

“That power? Noel was that power coming from Seelnay?”

I nodded; it was then two things happened, one Scholar approached us with the intention of explaining something to us and the comm. link opened throwing a snag into everything occurring at that moment.

“Shahrazad you receiving shuttle one six four two? We are requesting permission to land. Whether you give it or not, we’ll be landing shortly.”

Minchi’s voice boomed through out the room. She was the last thing we needed right now, but at least this time she gave us a little warning, very little and she was going to arrive just as Seelnay was… Oh no!!

Dawn had picked up Donald outside the Village. She praised him for his accomplishment and also told him of Seelnay’s scolding her.

“You know sis I really wish mom would grow up and accept the fact we are no longer children. I really hate being treated like a kid you know. I’m not five any more!”

Dawn place a hand on his shoulder then rubbed his head something that annoyed him no end. Dawn’s mind returned to the task at hand she and Donald were on the train that connected the lake where the Ku Dorin landed at with the Village, her mother sent her there to collect the data from the satellite Atosuryua had brought back. It was going to be a bitter sweet reunion as well. Dawn and Plakia had words before the Discovery departed. Now that they had returned Plakia was going to be in for quite a surprise and not a pleasant one Dawn figured.

It would be another hour before they arrived. Dawn leaned back in the seat and relaxed for the first time since they had returned. She was asleep almost instantly. Donald sat watching the landscape whiz by.

The room was quiet everyone was seated as Scholar stood before us. Arisa stood to her left and Ariel stood to her right. The shuttle bearing Tara and Minchi was inbound with an expected arrival of one hour. Scholar said what she had to say would be accomplished in time to greet Minchi. Clearing her throat she started to explain how every member of the crew had been forever changed. I was interested; most of all, I had sensed changes in everyone and after witnessing Seelnay’s little display. I knew for a fact her abilities had jumped off the scale.

“Our last jump was our survivable mistake. The plasma discharge that hit the ship affected everyone on board differently. Those with known abilities found them heightened noticeably, those with no know abilities were affected as well; it was this effect that allowed Dai to save those crew members in a split second. The shields had dropped and a second wave was heading in our direction. Kufadis and the engineering staff were giving it their all and succeeded at the last moment to raise most of our shields. The area left unprotected was where they were. Dai was monitoring their progress as the wave hit us, when the haul was breached, she transported them from the area. At first we thought they were uninjured, but when they were held in the buffer, we learned from Dai that she had sensed their injuries and for a reason, left unexplained until we arrived, she left them in the buffer. Doing that saved their lives and gave us a look at what we would experience on the trip home.”

The room remained quiet. Lafiel glanced over her shoulder, her mother sat to our right and a bit behind us. I could feel Lafiel start to tense but before I could do anything Jinto took her hand and placed her head on his shoulder. She was visibly moved to the point of expressing it. Scholar took a look around the room and let the rest of the story come to light.

“Those with abilities were the first to realize the change. We are all still exploring our new limits. I can only speak for myself but I no longer need instrumentality to scan the universe, although using it I can now see farther than I ever could before and, on a personal note, I must admit I’ve never felt better in my entire life.”

Arisa addressed us next she explained that her comprehension had increased several fold and the outlandish force field that held the ship together; she drew on a scrap of paper and had operational in less than five hours. Ariel told a similar story. Her abilities have increased and her understanding of everything in general had been made easier.

“Those of you who know me will understand this. AI’s scared me to the bone, however now I’m as comfortable communicating with one as I am standing here talking to you.”

I have to admit Ariel was the most pleasant of surprises. Before the trip she was the person you saw and never heard much from but now she has a new confidence. I’m a bit jealous. Looking around the room I also set my sights on Lafiel’s mother. Captain of the Gosroth, a hero of the Empire and now a living legend, I wonder what heighten senses she now possesses?

Scholar started to speak once again this time it addressed a serious matter.

“I’m pretty sure you realize why Seelnay bolted out of here a few minutes ago. I’ll not go into any details however I want it understood that she is capable of taking care of herself and since she did not request any assistance we’ll not provide any.”

The only grumbling came from our side of the room. The crew and rescued Abh’s sat quietly accepting those words as fact. It was like they knew what Seelnay was going to do and condoned it without objection. Lafiel and the council on the other hand were not amused in the least bit. Erin headed for Scholar with Lafiel on her heels. Arisa and Ariel placed themselves between Scholar and the approaching storm.

“Ladies please return to your seats. There will be an explanation if you’ll just be patience.”

“I’ve scanned the planet twice all levels are normal I don’t understand the message being transmitted but I’m telling Lafiel we are landing now.”

I initiated the deceleration maneuver as Minchi made an open broadcast, since there was no challenge we plunged into the atmosphere. I wondered what was waiting for us on Shahrazad. Had I know what was to greet us we would have heeded the ‘stay away’ message.

Begrudgingly Lafiel and Erin returned to their seats. Scholar’s explanation was too detailed to be anything but the truth. Simply put Seelnay’s new powers gave her the ability to single handedly deal with the being now known as Tay. As the explanation continued it was interrupted by a creunoc alarm going off. A quick glance found Plakia Lexshu reading her creunoc, she pointed to three individuals and then at the door. She rose it was then Lafiel leaped to her feet and moved towards her.

“Just where do you think you are going Mother?”

Plakia stood facing Lafiel, this was the first conversation I have seen them have since she arrived and the circumstances were not favorable of it being a mother daughter chat.

“I’m needed elsewhere you’ll remain here Lafiel is that understood.”

Lafiel started to bristle when Plakia continued.

“Object all you want Lafiel, I know you govern this planet and you outrank me, but, I AM your mother and you will honor that fact and obey my request without hesitation or reservation.”

Plakia turned towards the door and left with the others. Lafiel watched her leave and turned back towards us, her face was a brilliant red. I don’t think I’ve ever, in the twenty plus years I’ve known her, seen her as angry as she is now. She sat next to me placed her hands on her knees and stared as Scholar.

Lafiel doesn’t take being told no easily. It’s a fact we all have known and for years have maneuvered conversations so as to never bluntly or directly tell her no. Plakia, without using the word, told Lafiel NO bluntly and in no uncertain terms.

If this is how life is going to be between Lafiel and her mother I feel sorry for Jinto and the rest of us. Lafiel was getting back to normal after Lina died and now this, Plakia will probably live another hundred plus years. My mind just fried and what I’m sensing from Lafiel is making rational thought very difficult. It’s late and after almost six days of non stop discussions we are adjourned until Seelnay returns. Another thing that’s bothering me is what I sensed from Seelnay. When she left I felt an immense physic power on a scale I’ve never sensed before and never want to sense again.

Its dawn; we are standing outside the annex, Minchi will be here shortly and no ones in any mood to deal with her. As I think of who will greet her Lafiel returns to this world, finally.

“The rest of you get some sleep, I want a meeting, late afternoon in the Residence. Sobbash have your scanners watch my mother and her party but do not interfere. Noel once you’re rested tell me about Seelnay and Scholar, everything you can remember. Samson and Risch get some rest as well; I’m sending you to the space station. I know I said Arisa earlier but until we can talk to the crew of the Discovery I don’t want them doing anything important, I guess what I’m saying is I want to know who they are loyal to before I give them any responsibility. Jinto you and I will go fetch Minchi and Tara. We’ll put them in the guest quarters and under observation until we wake up. It’s only the thing to do, I’ll be damned if Minchi tries any bed hopping while I’m sleeping.”

Jinto and Lafiel make their way to the lagoon, normally I’d tag along at a distance and observe but I’m exhausted and Risch won’t turn loose of me. We arrive home and quietly I thank Scholar for providing daycare, because the thought of Lily buzzing around here is more than I could handle. Risch and I are asleep before we know it.

Erin had the crew of the Discovery sitting in the conference room. Like Lafiel, she had questions she wanted answered and although it was late she wouldn’t rest until she got the answers she desired.

“It’s been six days Scholar and I’ve not seen a report. I understand you’ve had a hard journey but what I just listened to is generating more questions than answers. So will you answer some general questions?”

Erin was outnumbered and she knew it but, she was going to leave Scholar with the impression that she, not Scholar, was in charge. Scholar gave in she informed Erin and the council they would have their answers later in the day.

“We are sleep deprived, you know it, I know it Lafiel and her people know it. Wait till this evening and I’ll answer the rest of your inquiries, but I must emphasize in the strongest of terms do not impede Seelnay in any manner. What she’s capable of doing is still unknown but, I would not want to be the one who causes her to unleash her full potential.”

Erin moved back; the members of the council stood behind her. Scholar’s warning about Seelnay was and wasn’t unexpected, however the urgency of Scholar’s request made Erin realize that everyone aboard the Discovery would have to be re evaluated before they could return to their normal duties. Then there was the rescued Abh crew to contend with. What was she going to do with them?

“I accept your suggestion Scholar, we shall be back here at dusk and you’ll be ready?”

The agreement was made and the meeting time confirmed. Erin and the council returned to the Village. Scholar and the rest returned to their rooms in the annex. The sun was just clearing the treetops.

“Plakia I’m over here.”

Lala’s voice was barely audible however Plakia heard her. They rounded a curve in the trail to find Lala leaning against a rock her left leg badly injured. Members of the party tended to the leg as Plakia inquired as to how this happened.

“It was my fault we were tracking Tay and she suddenly turned on us. Seelnay dodged the attack however I stumbled and wound up in that crevasse over there. Seelnay moved me here and left me. She’s off to the northwest that’s the last reading I had. Oh, you should know she moved me without touching me.”

The medic that was with the group made another discovery, he vocalized it as Lala was finishing.

“Damn she set the leg, all I have to do is splint it and you’re ready to travel. Lala are you in any pain?”

Surprisingly Lala felt no pain another thing the medic found amazing. Scanning her leg he handed Plakia the scanner. It showed a well set compound fracture of her femur she should be in a great amount of pain. Yet she wasn’t.

“Lala as a precaution I’m going to give you a light pain shot, just incase when we move you. You get hit with pain.”

Shot administered, they loaded Lala on a stretcher and took her back to the hover sled. Once she was loaded Captain Lexshu asked the medic and one other to go back to the Village with Lala. She and the remaining member were going to try to track Seelnay.

“Be careful Captain, your daughter and the rest of us would be upset if you were to perish out here.”

Plakia quelled his concern and moved towards the northwest. As they moved she thought two things. She wanted to find the source of the disturbance she’d been sensing for the past few hours and she wanted to make sure Seelnay returned safely. Plakia owed Seelnay and she hoped she could repay the debit. Being a bit whimsical she also thought by cheating death she could push the bounds here as well. Her scanner was just barely picking up Seelnay’s life force she had quite a head start on them it seemed.

Lafiel greeted us and showed us to our rooms once there we were locked in for the night. Minchi did not take to being confined. I on the other hand could get some much need sleep knowing my sister would not get into any mischief or al least if she did Lafiel’s security system would surely announce that fact before she could accomplish any harm, to herself that is. I noticed that Lafiel was armed when she approached us and I could see she was exhausted. I know for a fact if I was in that condition and knew about my sister what she knew. There would be shots fired before words were said. I lie down and fall asleep immediately. The last thing I hear is Minchi pitching a fit.

I sensed that Lala had been rescued I also knew Captain Lexshu was following me. That is not a high priority at the moment what is lies about three kilometers ahead of me, Tay. When she attacked us I saw what she had become, I also know that the ‘real’ Tay is losing the battle to retain her identity. My problem becomes how to rescue Tay without killing her body. Her new occupants won’t take too kindly to being thrown out. I’m working on a plan and still staying in contact with her. Ah they are on the move once again if I time it right and catch her body needing rest I just might be able to…

“Sobbash it’s been almost three days since you rested. Just how many of those pills did you take?”

I heard Samson’s complaint and told him to rest, I’d join him shortly, and it worked. To be honest it has been many years since I’d tanked up on this much medication. Originally developed for extended battles the pills were effective for eighteen to twenty–four hours depending on the person taking them. I took too much this time I was just short of being wired and I knew I had to keep my mind busy until they finally lost potency with in me. Sitting at the console watching the monitors was enough stimuli to keep my mind occupied while my body tried to unwind. And what I saw this time by itself was stimulating enough to keep a normal person awake.

The sensors didn’t show the physical presences of Seelnay or Tay but it did display their energy signatures and I have to admit Seelnay now has a very impressive energy signature. Captain Lexshu’s party is about fifteen kilometers behind them and progressing on an intersecting course. I hope the Captain realizes that the light forest they are presently in will soon give way to open plains and remaining under cover will be difficult. I bet anything Seelnay already knows of their presence. Hopefully they’ll keep their distance but in this case I don’t know what a safe distance is.

I’ve made an area sweep, the area around the planet is clear. There are five ships at the station two awaiting the all clear to be issued so they may land. Surface scans show Erin’s party has arrived in the Village without incident. Scholar and party are in their quarters and there is a disturbance coming from where Lafiel put Minchi and Tara. Somehow I’m not surprised but for security sake I think I’ll listen in. I start the recording and open the link.

“Tara, Tara!! Damn you sister, how you dare fall asleep while I’m talking to you. Lafiel you’ll not hear the end of this! I’m second in line to the throne my sister is first you’ll not treat us like this. Just because we showed up yeah ok we ignored your message but… Damn you!!! You annoying little Abh I swear you’ll not hear the end of this!!!”

Minchi went on for another hour and finally fell asleep. Lafiel will find this conversation of interest I’m sure.

Scholar had awakened earlier than the rest. She proceeded to where Dai and Kufadis were located, a short walk across the annex from her present location. Doctor Sasoum sat as if waiting for her to arrive as Scholar quietly entered the Doctor said.

“Can you explain what happened to me in simple terms? Both of my patients should be days from their present state. Kufadis is healing at a rate unheard of and Dai’s E.E.G. shows almost none of the damage that Tay inflicted. It is as if hours equaled days, as far as their recoveries are concerned.”

Scholar was not in the mood to verbalize. She placed her hand on the Doctors shoulder and linked with her. In the few moments they were linked an explanation was delivered. The Doctor turned and rolled her chair away from Scholar clearing her thoughts she said.

“This is true for each one of you? Every member of the crew has shown this tendency? Fascinating, I want to study all of you.”

Scholar asked the Doctor to keep the information to herself for the time being and moved to where Dai was sleeping she placed her hand above her forehead and formed a link. Sasoum could sense Scholar entering Dai’s mind and the E.E.G. went off the scale. A very brief time had passed and Scholar removed her hand from Dai’s head. Dai awoke looked around the room and said.

“What an unusual dream that was or was it a dream?”

Dai fixed her gaze at Scholar and shook her head. She sat up in bed but felt dizzy, fighting to stay in this position. She stared Scholar in the face and said.

“So it wasn’t a dream, Tay took possession of me, but why Scholar? We’re friends why would she…”

Scholar moved to place Dai back in bed. She told Dai of the Tay they’ve encountered and that Seelnay was tracking her down. Unlike the rest of the crew Dai did not readily accept Seelnay’s actions and she vocalized them loudly.

“I’ve got to leave! I’ve got to get to Seelnay before she tries to confront Tay. Seelnay has no idea what she’s in for.”

She went to get out of bed, it was then Scholar and the Doctor restrained her. One shot from Sasoum’s hypo spray and Dai was lying down unassisted. The Doctor then quizzed Scholar.

“What was that about? You knew fully that she would try to leave. So why bring up the subject in the first place?”

Scholar faced the Doctor and said.

“I have limitations where members of the crew are concerned. The only way I could find out how much Tay had left in Dai’s head was to do what I just did. Doctor, reading your mind is as easy as thumbing through an indexed manual. However the crew of the ship has found a way to hide their indexes. The only way I can get to the heart of an issue is to do exactly what I’ve done. When strong emotions are being displayed their indexes become readable. I know someday they’ll figure it out and I’ll be unable to scan their thoughts without their knowledge but until then it’s the only way I have of monitoring what we are becoming.”

Doctor Sasoum stood stunned she had heard Scholar’s words yet disbelief was flying around with in her thoughts. It was then the monitor alarm went off. Moving to the console she was surprised to find Dai, in a light sleep, was trying desperately to regain consciousness. The shot she had given her a few minutes ago was double the previous dose and it lasted only half as long as before. Before she could verbalize to Scholar, she saw her standing over Dai once again. With a pass of her hand Dai returned to a deep sleep it was then Scholar said.

“She’ll sleep for a few hours and when she awakens she’ll ask for me. Would you please inform me when that happens? Right now I’ve got a message to deliver a very important one.”

As Scholar went to leave Kufadis spoke.

“I know what you are doing and I thank you Scholar, but please try to let her sort this out on her own. I’d like my Dai back if you please.”

Scholar moves to where Kufadis was laying she said something to him which I didn’t hear clearly and she left him. Once she was gone I approached Kufadis scanner in hand. I made a pass read the results turned the scanner where he could read it and said.

“You keep progressing like this and you’ll be on you feet before your love is.”

Kufadis looked at the scanner closed his eyes and answered the Doctor.

“We have to figure out why we still talk in our sleep while it is entertaining to each other; it is very embarrassing to us when we are over heard. Doctor I’m sure between the two of us you’ve gotten quite an earful. I’d appreciate you exercise Doctor - Patient confidentially and keep it to yourself, if you don’t mind.”

I told Kufadis that I would respect his wishes and recommended that once they were both stable a trip to the western shore would be just what the Doctor ordered. My suggestion was met with a smile and he returned to sleep. I checked the monitors both of them were stable. It would be a few hours before Dai awoke. I decided to grab a nap in that time.

I left Dai and headed for the communications center what I had to tell Seelnay had to highly encrypted communications. Should Tay get wind of what I knew, Seelnay was as good as dead and Tay was quite capable of doing it as well. Dai left me with that information.

I found Sobbash at the center suffering from an abuse of stimulants. I asked her to send the message on a discrete frequency and using an old Imperial code that we had agreed upon before Seelnay went Tay hunting. I knew Captain Lexshu would see the message as well it was my hope she heeded its contents and acted accordingly. Sobbash sent the message and I aided her in getting some rest. I’m thankful there is a cot in the center because I was in no mood to carry her back to her place.

We were with in one kilometer of Seelnay’s positioned when Scholar’s message arrived. I decoded it acknowledged it and order us back to a three kilometer limit. Once there I told my first officer to set his weapons on light stun and set both safeties. He doesn’t normally question my orders but this time I could sense some reservations and I told him the reason behind my request.

“I’ve received word from Scholar she scanned Dai and learned that Tay’s range of influence is about three kilometers. She also has the ability to operate items at almost the same range. If we get involved I don’t want her to be able to turn our own weapons against us. I’m betting she doesn’t know about the double safeties and would not expect us to leave our weapons set to merely annoy our attacker rather than do great harm. Scholar say’s we might sense her attack right before it happens. That’s why we’ve increased the distance and acted accordingly concerning our weapons. Any questions?”

There were none and now we waited for Seelnay to make her move something I hope wouldn’t take very long.

“Sis! Sis! Wake up we’re here!”

I shook Dawn roughly she finally opened her eyes and focused on me. Her look was far way, very far away, it was like she wasn’t on this train at least mentally. She blinked and finally realized where she was.

“I am awake Donald. Although it feels like I’ve not slept in a week. If you’re ready lets find Atosuryua, collect the device and return it to mother.”

Dawn stood took three steps and stopped for a moment she seemed on the verge of fainting then as if nothing had happened she proceeded off the train and towards the station. I followed staying close enough to steady her if needed but I’m at a loss to explain what had just happened.

Leaving the station and making our way to where the transport was berthed Dawn seemed fine. Her communications with the station personal was normal she moved along as usual yet I could sense something was not so much wrong it was an uncertainty that I couldn’t put a finger on.

“Captain, Dawn Dorin is on her way. She is requesting you meet her at the gangway with the device.”

Atosuryua turned to Plakia Pratt and said.

“Meet Dawn, give her the device and settle your differences, today Plakia.”

Accepting her commanding officers orders without question, Plakia went below retrieved the device removed from the satellite and proceeded towards the gangway. Although apprehensive, she was going to settle this three year misunderstanding she had with Dawn. Approaching the gangway the first of many surprises greeted her. At first she didn’t recognize either Dawn or Donald then she started to sense a familiar feeling but it was of an intensity she had never experienced before.

She moved towards them and Dawn turned towards her. The connection was established and Plakia stopped in her tracks. The warm feeling she had during their childhood play returned but Dawn was so…

“Hello Dawn. Can you tone down your greeting? I’m having trouble concentrating.”

It had been three years that my sister and Plakia had been apart. It took them less than three minutes to play catch up. Dawn had worried how Plakia would accept the changes she’s experiencing and Plakia worried about a silly disagreement they had before we left. I’m still convinced that although people change with age, true friendships remain the same, and until somebody proves it to me otherwise that’s how I feel.

We spent the better part of an hour aboard the ship. My sister and Plakia exchanging conversations, I reminded her that we had to deliver this item before dark. And in a move, that at first Plakia was hesitant to accept, my sister conveyed our trip experiences, in a few moments, to her. Visibly overwhelmed she moved back tried to focus and finally said.

“Wow I thought I had a busy time. You’ve been to the brink of hell and back several times it would seem. Am I to understand that you rescued Lafiel’s mother, the woman I was named after?”

Dawn nodded and produced an image on her creunoc. Plakia stared at the image she didn’t have to know who Plakia Lexshu was; it was very apparent who she was named after. Stepping back and pointing to the gangway she addressed them.

“Time for chit chat has ended. I have duties to attend to and you have a package to deliver. When the time is right I’d like to meet Captain Lexshu. I’m pretty sure you can arrange that Dawn.”

My sis gave Plakia a hug and told her that her request would be relayed and probably accepted without hesitation. We exited the ship checked through the station and were on our way back to the Village. This time Dawn was barely settled when she dozed off however this time I sensed she was in communications with, I’m assuming our mother but the feelings I was sensing from her were very confused.

“Captains log: Plakia has delivered the device to Dawn Dorin and it seems she has settled her disagreement with her as well. On a personal note I’ve been informed that because of an accident part of the crew of the Gosroth were rescued including the Captain Plakia Lexshu. I’m looking forward to seeing my old rival once again. Log closed.

“Kufadis are you awake?”

Dai’s voice brought a warm feeling. I open my eyes and she was just a few inches from my face. I answered her by stealing a quick kiss. She smiled and helped me out of bed. Doctor Sasoum was waiting outside of the room we made our way to the Discovery. Although the ship was structurally damaged beyond repair all of the systems functioned perfectly. I found most of the crew had gathered we were waiting for Scholar and Arisa to arrive. They had been detained and would be here shortly. I sat in a comfortable and very familiar seat my wait wasn’t for very long.

Scholar arrived and laid out the plan Seelnay had sent her. Although we would not be directly involved in the operation we were a key piece in the supporting role. Arisa assured us that those systems that Seelnay requested were operational and that we were to remain quiet until needed. I asked about those at the Residence and Scholar assured us they would be sleeping until the operation was over.

“Lafiel’s going to be very angry with us going over her head and not telling her…”

Scholar interrupted me and said Lafiel had full knowledge of our action and had asked for Residence to be isolated during the confrontation.

“Seelnay has Tay in a place that her influence won’t be felt in the Village, however we are close enough, although out of range, a stray impulse might reach us. It was easier to place a few individuals in suspension than try to shield the thousands in the Village. The children have been moved to the Village only the adults remain.”

Arisa activated the main navigational viewer and overlaid the medical scanners aboard the ship to it. There in graphic display were the life signs for all at the Residence including Minchi and Tara. It became my job to monitor their signs. Well I wasn’t going to be bored it would seem. Arisa spent the next several minutes verifying the systems aboard the ship and then told Scholar we were ready. Scholar signaled our readiness to Seelnay and we waited.

Tay was losing her battle to retain her oneness. I could sense her fading, Scholar’s message arrive in the nick of time. I was going to use abilities that I was uncertain of but it was now or never. My failure meant Tay would be lost forever that was unacceptable. Captain Lexshu and her first officer were at a safe distance. It was time

“Sorry I can let you do this to Tay. You have one chance to surrender her to me or face certain death.”

My challenge was answered with actions instead of words. A tree to my right nearly struck me down, but I withheld my attack and dodged it at the last moment. I started moving towards Captain’s Lexshu’s position with Tay following me.

“Seelnay I see you’re all words. You can’t defeat us no matter how you try and you won’t kill your friend. We’ve won surrender now and prepare to die.”

With that they showed themselves and for one fleeting moment Tay disrupted them. It was then I acted. Momentarily frozen I ripped Tay’s soul from her being and…

“Captain, Captain Lexshu! What is wrong?”

The Captain’s expression went blank for a second and then she with drew her weapon. Setting it on heavy stun, she pointed it at Tay and fired. It was deflected, yet Tay fell to the ground. Seelnay moved over her and delivered the finishing blow.

“Die now, you underestimated my resolve you represent a danger that I can not allow to be. Tay was expendable and now so is this body.”

Seelnay ripped their essence from Tay’s body and cast them into the void. Now before her lay the lifeless body. She opened her creunoc and said.

Discovery, Arisa engage transport now.”

We were delivered to the transporter pads in the lower hold. Doctor Sasoum and Scholar were waiting; Tay’s lifeless body was place in a regeneration chamber and stabilized. Captain Lexshu approached the chamber and said.

“Seelnay I thank you, but was it really necessary to destroy them, they had useful information we could have harvested.”

Seelnay picked up a scanner made a pass over the Captain showed it to Doctor Sasoum and said.

“I hope we don’t cut this too close. The Captain has a strong identity but if I don’t act soon she’ll merge with Tay and all of this will have been for not.”

Still looking at the chamber Captain Lexshu started moving her fingers admiring her reflection in the chambers cover. She took a long hard look and turned her gaze to Seelnay and said.

“It’s a nice body but it’s too sensitive, the sense organ is very annoying. I like my peace and I like that body, Seelnay start the transfer, that body is stable enough for to take me back. I think the Captain has been a very gracious host, don’t you?”

The Captain lay on the table next to the chamber; Seelnay placed her hands, one over the Captain, the other over the chamber. What I sensed was amazing, something, as an Abh, I’ll never forgive to my dying day. I could feel Tay moving from the Captain’s body to Seelnay’s then into the chamber. Once she had finished Seelnay sat down and smiled.

“Scholar; I think I’ve found my limit. That took everything I had and more. I hope Plakia forgives me.”

With that she moved from the chair to Captain Lexshu. The Captain was coming around she looked Seelnay in the eye and said.

“There won’t be a next time promise me that please.”

Seelnay said that was a desperation move on her part. She planned to place Tay with Dawn but Dawn was unresponsive Plakia was the only logical choice. She moved over to the chamber Tay was starting to stir, she opened the lid and took her hand. Tay opened her eyes and said.

“Seelnay you lied to me. You didn’t kill them but if I’m sensing what you did. You have a very warped sense of justice.”

Seelnay smiled, leaned into the chamber, and whispered into Tay’s ear. The outburst from the chamber was deafening for somebody who was clinically dead a mere forty-five minutes ago. Tay seemed the example of prefect health. The commotion brought Dai to the pad, although she looked tired, she approached Tay and said.

“You could have killed me, destroyed my very being. Why didn’t you?”

Tay explained that while those three were blood thirsty savages she was a peaceful person. She then looked into Dai’s mind and set it at ease. Dai moved to a chair and sat Tay fell asleep as did Captain Lexshu.

Scholar’s curiosity was getting the better of her. There was something she had to know, she moved to Seelnay’s side and spoke so that everyone could hear her.

“A warped sense of justice, you mind explaining what Tay was getting at?”

Seelnay smiled, she related what she did to Scholar. It would seem she did a four way transfer, placing Tay within Captain Lexshu and then moving the Wise One’s back to their sedated bodies with one small twist. She was looking directly at Dai when she said.

“I put the empathic back in the correct body and swapped the other two. Not only will that forever break their powers but the empathy…”

Dai was in hysterics, having sampled the Wise Ones she understood what Seelnay had done. The empathy and hatred the other two will project when they find out they’ve been switched will render the third one useless.

“Seelnay you you… A brilliant stoke of genius on your part, think of it two people who despise each other, every time they look at a reflection. They’ll see that other person and the poor empathic she’ll be overloaded with emotions. So how soon are you going to bring them around I’d like to be there. I need a good laugh about now.”

Seelnay said to let sleeping dogs lie for now. She was sure they’ve already figured out what has happen and the repercussion will be mitigated if they sleep on it for a few months, years, centuries. Seelnay had this look on her face Scholar approached her and said.

“You need a rest and speaking of that, we need to leave this ship and go wake the Residence. Also we have a meeting with Erin in a few hours. However once she learns of our little adventure I think she’ll take a rain check.”

Doctor Sasoum arranged transport for Tay, the Captain and Seelnay back to the annex. While the others left I stayed with my Captain something I’ve done from day one.

Although Lafiel and I were in a trance, for lack of better words, we had our alphas on with the data crystals extended. I’m not sure what Lafiel sensed, but what I felt was an immense physic disturbance that made me glad I was in this state. If that was Seelnay newly found power, then Lafiel was correct in the assumption that we would have to interview every member of the Discovery crew to determine what kind of threat, if any, they posed to our community.

At Lafiel’s request Scholar left Minchi and Tara sleeping for the time being. We, as a community, had to have a meeting on how to handle our unwanted guests. Minchi and Tara were awaken six hours later and seemed none the worse for their experience or so we thought.

Captain Lexshu was resting comfortably. Tay was recovering nicely as well. Scholar and Seelnay spent several hours going over the data Dawn had returned with. Doctor Sasoum sat watching the monitors, making notes occasionally, and reading from a book titled in a language I didn’t understand. I believe it was Martinese but I couldn’t be sure.

I made my way to the Captain’s side it was then the Doctor said.

“Commander she’s going to be fine I you wish to remain I ask you to sit over there in the waiting room. I know you’re concerned but trust me she getting the best of care, she’ll be up and around before you know it.”

Actually I was very tired I left the annex and found my room sleep did not take long to invade my body. It was the next day when I awoke.

Minchi was pacing like a caged animal. This time I couldn’t blame her. Lafiel had us in quarantine we had been told it was for our own good also there was eight hours missing from our lives something I don’t think Minchi has completely grasped. I unlike her am aware of my surroundings she on the other hand is seething at Lafiel over something she not vocalized. Well not yet that is.

“Why did we lose to the Abh? Why do I have to like her? Why, why, why? Tara something is not right but I haven’t been able to put a finger on it. Have you figured it out or have you even noticed it?”

My sister, as much as I love her, can be such an inconsiderate pain in the butt. ‘Yes Minchi I noticed it I’m finally glad you’ve noticed it too.’ How I would love to say that to her but, no I’m going to play dumb once again, and see if she really grasps what has happened to us or is she off in another dimension. I guess it’s time to find out.

“Now that you mention it something doesn’t seem right. Have you got an idea of what it is?”

Minchi opened her mouth and proved how out of tune she is with her surroundings. Oh yeah, what’s bothering my little sister, ready for this. Ok here it is.

“You realize Lafiel hasn’t fed us, nor given us a proper welcome, in all the time we’ve been here? How very rude of her.”

To be continued in: The Unwelcome Guests

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."