Shorts Stories Comments

We are happy to introduce you to this short story series. These Short Stories are inspired by Hiroyuki Morioka's Seikai series. They take place 10 years after Jinto and Lafiel first met.

Written and copyrighted by Diaho. A.K.A. Aviator.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Re: Shorts Stories Comments

Post by Diaho »

Oni wrote:Thanks for keeping this going <3
Not a problem I do enjoy doing this.

Speaking of this... Thirty Three is in proofing and should be up first part of next week.

That is all...

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty Three is posted....

Thirty Four starts a new arc..

That is all...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I vacationed the month of July... First time in almost fifteen years... I'm back to writing once again.

A snippet of thirty four follows:

Spoiler:
Eight years ago today I arrived here with Teel’s body. A lot has happened in that time so let me bring you up to date. Jinto and I buried Teel near the falls overlooking the lake; six months ago we buried Lina next to him. Jinto was up early as he’s been most mornings since that day, he takes fresh flowers to the grave site everyday without fail.

Martine is in transition, in the six years since the clean up plants were built seventy five percent of the water, soil and air have been purified. The enchanted forest has about forty percent of its canopy reestablished. Most of those who migrated to Shahrazad have returned. The official losses were one million nine hundred and seventy five thousand dead with another eight thousand missing and presumed dead.

Through some weird stroke of luck Martine’s first elected leader was Minchi. Her popularity and being an outsider garnered her, the most votes in the first election a four year term. She is now finishing her second and final term. Tzu Li, a friend of Jinto’s, will succeed Minchi as Martine’s next leader. Tzu was in our first class of ambassadors and made quite a name for him self. He was Jinto’s first choice but Minchi buried him in the election, he’s spent the past eight years as assistant to Minchi so he knows the ropes very well. Martine will be in good hands I’m sure of that.
:amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty four is posted ...

Enjoy and comment if you wish...

Mufloni
Lander

Post by Mufloni »

I recently watched Seikai no Monshō and Seikai no Senki animes, OVA, then read the fourth novel, and i was saddened to see that the story got cut short due no more novels being out, well not yet, anyways. Oh the joy when i found your "short" stories, i read them all pretty much in a row, only interrupted by the bodily needs, sleep, eating, that stuff.

And i have to say, some AMAZING stuff you have written, keep them coming!
Spoiler:
So now i was wondering about the Sol Eros people, they were Sol/sun worshippers right? Did they abandon their practise not to wear clothing due to the radiation, or were they just rumors? As i dont seem to recall anything about the them walking around naked, or anything about the subject after reaching planet Sol Eros

Oh and, FTL drive (star drive) plus sultan cloaking, i got so excited when i got to that part, gotta love those.
Probly gonna read them again. Can't get enough of Seikai :D
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thank you.

To answer your questions:
Spoiler:
Originally your assumption about "Sol Eros" could have been correct. The planet remained named the same but the residence there, instead of being 'sun worshipers', as it was implied earlier in the conversation Samson had, they turned out to be the lost crew of a generation ship launched just before the Abh rebelled at the mother city. The assumed sun worshipers were just that assumed. You realize I wrote that almost 3 years ago I had to think on your question for a while.

Cloaking and Star Drive.
There was much debate within my soul to venture here, however once Lafiel and company had broken ties with the Abh Empire and became independent, the ability to defend their world took me in that direction.
The awakening of the Guardians, the finds of the Star Drive and cloaking technology, the realization that the Guardians were behind those inventions and the technology they possessed gave Lafiel the upper hand. Granted the finds have not gone unnoticed but with the Empire still recovering from the war and the former four nations alliance laying in ruins. Lafiel and Shahrazad have become a force to be reckoned with, not by choice either it was necessity.

You will find the Guardians are a mystery race, that mystery is slow to unravel but let it be known, they walked the earth before man did, explored most of the known galaxy and returned home unsatisfied. As this next trilogy plays out their importance not only to Lafiel but the rest of the galaxy will become apparent or at least I hope so.
Ok enough spoilers for now the last thing I'll address is the sudden appearance of offspring... There must be a next generation eh?

seneelya
Lander

Post by seneelya »

Thank you!!! Very, VERY MUCH!!

Its been almost 2 years...

keep it going

sincerely yours grateful reader
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've been a little busy lately.. Thirty five was ready for proofing about a week a go.
I'm working on it now, it should be posted in a day or so...

A little bit of Thirty Five for now...
Spoiler:
“They left the Village awhile ago I expect arrival at the complex before dawn. So Sobbash, are you and Samson expecting?”

Noel’s report was what I expected; Dai had shown signs of stress from the moment she returned, her senior staff going with her made sense as well. What annoyed me was Noel’s off handed question on an open frequency, it was none of her business, at least at this time, whether I was expecting or not. I acknowledge the first part and ignored the second.

Making my way to the Residence I wake Lafiel and convey Noel’s observations. I also inform Lafiel of her off handed question.

“If I remember correctly it was you who started this baby rumor, Sobbash. Looks like you and Noel need to get this behind you I need you two to work together. Just to quell my own curiosity, are you?”

I wasn’t, thanks to Dai’s arrival, I wasted a bottle of apple wine actually it didn’t go to waste. I was very relaxed last night when Dai arrived, had I not been I don’t think I could have handled everything I was sensing from those about me. Whatever Dai got into was very serious, the damage to the ship tells that tale, but how they got to the Gosroth that’s the story I want to hear. I know Lafiel does as well.

“Lafiel, Painiach is at the station raising hell about the quarantine, and Minchi’s two days out. We need to get the Discovery some where secure before those two occupy the station together. I don’t think there’s enough room up there to contain those two egos.”

The sun was peeking through the windows. I could hear Jinto stirring and Lafiel sat there my statement had her in a quandary. Tay’s people had operational control over the ship and the relocation was supposed to begin shortly but there was no action from the meadow. In fact I looked like Tay’s people had left the area.

Lafiel stood and walked outside I followed her. Once clear of the Residence she opened a secure link with Tay and had a very animated conversation with her. The look on Lafiel’s face told me how the conversation had gone, not in Lafiel’s favor.

“One day delay, Tay said one more day. Okay I’ll talk to Painiach but Kufadis is responding to treatment however he’s not expected to be stable for a few more days. I know Painiach’s frustration centers around not finding Kufadis life sign. But how do I tell her… “

Rolling her creunoc to her lips she said.

“Noel we’re taking a trip. Get someone to relieve you and meet me at the dock as soon as possible.”

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Well what do you know??? I managed to find enough time to proof thirty five and post it... enjoy and comment please

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

FYI: Thirty-five and Thirty-six are from Noel Ekuryua's point of view for the most part...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

If your looking for the next chapter it's going to be delayed.
Life hath thrown me several curves as of late and I need to settle them before I can return to serious writing.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've finished Thirty Six and it's in proofing, it should be posted soon...

To keep the time line straight Thirty four, Thirty five and Thirty six cover about six days, although it's not made clear in the text.
Thirty four states that Minchi was to arrive in six days. She does so at the end of Thirty six.

I enjoy this so.... :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Yay.. Thirty Six is posted... Enjoy... :cat_w:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty - Seven hath arrived...

That is all...

Mufloni
Lander

Post by Mufloni »

Great stuff, keep it coming, please :)

Just found out that a supplier here in Finland has all three volumes of crest of the stars novel, i was surprised, ordered them right away, can't wait for them to arrive.
Gonna read them, watch the anime once again, and then read your stories for the THIRD time :)
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Mufloni wrote:Great stuff, keep it coming, please :)

Just found out that a supplier here in Finland has all three volumes of crest of the stars novel, I was surprised, ordered them right away, can't wait for them to arrive.
Gonna read them, watch the anime once again, and then read your stories for the THIRD time :)
Good for you... I know you'll enjoy them... I know those books by heart....

Many Thanks... There is more to come....

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Snippet Time
Spoiler:
Scholar moved to the viewer control panel, inserted a data crystal and began her presentation.

“Our target was a small observation post on the fringe of the Zon Empire two hundred and seventy years in the past. Our mission was to obliterate that outpost leaving the impression that the Abh Empire had launched a sneak attack then vanished without a trace.”

Scholar changed the view; a time-line chart appeared most of us knew from our history studies the importance of that time frame. The Empire had just defeated a formidable opponent and the Star Forces was in disarray. Had the Zon attacked the Abh at that moment galactic history would have been for ever changed, the Abh would have suffered a stunning defeat, everything we knew today would not exist. So this was the Wise Ones revenge. I thought that would be all there was but Tay stood and let the ‘other shoe drop’ to quote Jinto’s heritage.

“Stopping that mission only solves half the problem. It would seem the Wise Ones were conducting secret negotiations with high ranking members of the current Zon government. We have yet to find out what their plans were.”
Thirty Eight is going to be a bit late... I'm hip deep in the other life I lead... :amismiling:

Note: The spoiler has been updated on 26 Jan 2012...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty Eight hath arrived...

That is all...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Looking for the next chapter perchance?.. Well so am I.
It's gonna be a bit. I've got a major case of plot block (writers block).
Hopefully the fog will lift shortly , if not ?

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty - Nine has arrived...

That is all... :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I'm about done with forty so as not to give much away I post this little conversation.

Spoiler:
Just as she was contemplating her next move the voice link from Defiance became active.

“Whoa where Captain Dai... Ah never mind you much prettier than she... Zachary like you real good.”

“Scholar, switch Zachary to my display.”

Commander Zachary of the Dorian Royal Fleet was somewhere close. He’s had a crush on Dai for years but to his surprise he found a different Lexshu commanding this time. It left him speechless long enough for Sobbash to grab the transmission.

“Zachary, you wolf, what brings you to my section of space?”

“Oh Sobbash tis you, who stunning babe commanding Defiance you got to introduce me.”

“Maybe later Zachary, why the tight beam scramble communications I know it wasn’t to flirt with Dai so what is it?”

“Zachary comes to help you fight Zon but missed party. We decided to return home when saw you and Defiance streaking this way so we curious and come to see what’s going on. Sobbash you fly into trap look I show you.”
Forty should be posted over the weekend ...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty's posted ....

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Hi everyone.. looking for forty -one perchance?

Well it's in the works and getting larger every day.. so large infact I'll be posting it in two parts.

However the word document won't be posted till the work is finished.

Expect part one in a few days followed by part two shortly there after.

That is all for now...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I'm done writing forty-one however proofing it will take sometime... and I'll be able to post it along with the word doc at the same time.
Hopefully this weekend at the latest.... :banghead:

That is all...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty one is posted.. read enjoy and comment...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty - Two hath arrived

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty -three is progressing at Warp speed you might see it very soon.. he said cautiously...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty -three is in proofing as soon as it's done I'll post it ...

That is all...

Mufloni
Lander

Post by Mufloni »

Good stuff as always, keep them coming :)
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Forty Three hath been posted read, enjoy, comment, ask questions etc...

:off topic: