Shorts Stories Comments

We are happy to introduce you to this short story series. These Short Stories are inspired by Hiroyuki Morioka's Seikai series. They take place 10 years after Jinto and Lafiel first met.

Written and copyrighted by Diaho. A.K.A. Aviator.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Re: Shorts Stories Comments

Post by Diaho »

Diaho wrote:I've had to take sometime for myself.. there are issues in my life that need to be resolved before I continue writing.
So Chapter 20 is on hold, indefinitely. I'm not sure how long things will take to sort out on this end, but.. for the moment the Short Story is taking a vacation.

That is all..
Quoting myself is allowed... :off topic:

Seeing this is the web and all, I'll just say I've hit another roadblock..
A serious one to boot ... I'm in the process of overcoming this newest challenge, but It's going to take a bit of time and waiting for nature to heal all wounds so to speak ..
Most of my projects are on hold, including this one, until I can get a grip on this newest challenge.. More as I know more.. :amismiling:

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've picked up 20 and started to work on it again...

A snippet follows.......
Spoiler:
This morning I’ve spent in deep thought, Paveryua’s report sits unread, as does the message from Samson and Risch. Lafiel convinced me last night that going to the Guardian was in the best interest of this world, yet I have this very uneasy feeling about it all. My attention is drawn to the security grid it shows Painiach’s shuttle is beginning it’s arrival. Now there is something else to worry about. I know they were on a mission for Lafiel but I never completely understood what the mission entailed. I turn back to my desk, I’m not in any mood to deal with this mess it can and will wait till I’m mentally ready. I glance at Samson’s message then leave my office and head for the docks. I’ve decided that Painiach needs a welcoming committee of one, me. As I leave the Residence I hear the second sonic boom as the shuttle approaches.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

It's October already !?! ... Wow this year has moved right along...
The issues that have taken most of my free time are slowly being resolved...
I see I've neglected this site too long, it's become a ghost town...
None the less I'm working on the short story again although it will still be as time permits...
There is new content to be proofed and loaded we'll get going on that too...

:amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty is finished and in final proofing I hope to have it posted by the 20th..

Oni
Lander

Post by Oni »

<3 for keeping this going! :D
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty is posted for your reading pleasure...

seneelya
Lander

Post by seneelya »

Hi. First of all want to say big THANK YOU VERY MUCH very interesting and good job.

Not long ago find for myself this world and fell in love with it. Still reading your book.

Do u ever think to publish your book as continuation of "Banner" story?

heh also could say that it is bad that only 3 books was released at english :(

And very interesting what can Hiroyuki Morioka say about this life of his heroes.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

seneelya wrote:Hi. First of all want to say big THANK YOU VERY MUCH very interesting and good job.

Not long ago find for myself this world and fell in love with it. Still reading your book.

Do u ever think to publish your book as continuation of "Banner" story?

heh also could say that it is bad that only 3 books was released at english :(

And very interesting what can Hiroyuki Morioka say about this life of his heroes.

Thank you... You pose an interesting concept...
I hoped by now that Banner One - Four would be in English as well but it seems good science fiction has not enough fan service
to attract the attention of the studios / publishers, what a sad state of affairs that is.

seneelya
Lander

Post by seneelya »

Yes yes...
Very hard to find interesting science fiction movie or anime. Even games are very rare.

Dont believe that science fiction auditory are so small that huge hollywood studios dont want make money on it.
Think that to many ppl among us that hopefully look at the Stars.
Have not far from this profession, so can say that space CG scenes are less expensive then most "in city" shots. Even i can create some on present sci-fi serials level. And even better 8)

But u steps further! "If u cant find what u need - create it".... so where is my :cookie:
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty-one is progressing.. a little snippet is in order me thinks....

Spoiler:
I awoke; I could move my head and had feeling to my fingers. “Doctor!” It looks like I could speak as well. The Doctor came into the room he faced me and said. “Remarkable progress Captain. According to my scan you should have feeling in your legs shortly.” He got a very stern look on his face and said. “However Captain you’ll stay in this bed until I release you I want that understood.” After experiencing the last few hours I had no other choice than to agree with him. I had gone from a fully functional being to a lump of flesh I rather like being fully functional. The Doctor smiled and said. “Should I call the Commander? She wanted to be notified once you were awake and able to speak.”

I lay there staring at the ceiling, half of me wanted Dai here the other half wanted to read her the manual about assuming command and then disobeying orders. “Have her come here, and have a shot ready for me incase I agitate myself into such a state.”

The Doctor placed his hand on my shoulder. It was a feeling I though I’d never feel again, the touch of another being. “Captain, she did what she felt was right and she’s been on the bridge ever since second guessing her actions. Be easy on her, if you throw the book at her you’ll only make things worse. Remember she does care about you although she never shows it, at least where the crew is concerned, until now that is, her abruptly leaving the transport and running at battle speed for the past ten hours has even the most aloof of the crew convinced she’s more than your second in command.” The Doctor left the room I could hear him calling the bridge and Dai’s voice. It sent a chill down my spine; she would be here in a few moments. What do I say to her? How do I greet her? I broke out in a cold sweat.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Season's Greetings .... Twenty-one is progressing although slowly... Enjoy your holidays

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Well Well we have a couple of problems... :banghead:
This site has suffered a couple of database disasters and a recent PM brought to my attention several errors in the short story threads... I'm in the process of fixing them, most are improper spacing and sentences missing.. #18's posted version is different for it's .doc version.
The .doc is correct I'll fix the post as time permits.. That is all...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty one is in the process of being proofed .. It should be posted soon..

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty One is posted for your reading pleasure...

Twenty Two is progressing as well..

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty Two is in final proofing .... a posting time will be shortly, don't hold me to a definite date though.

Snippet follows:
Spoiler:
When I arrived at the Residence it was dark and strangely quiet. I found Jinto sleeping in the communications room a laser pistol was lying on the table before him. I recognized it immediately it was the matching pistol I’d give him. I was touched, very touched. I pushed it aside kissed Jinto and said.

“Hi honey. I’m home.” Jinto’s reaction was not what I expected. His eyes flew open he reached for the pistol which wasn’t there. Then he realized it was I who was sitting on the table facing him and he broke down sobbing into my arms.

“I thought, I’d lost you, I thought…” Jinto stammered. Then he raised his head, gazed into my eyes and continued. “You’re really here.” He said as he squeezed my hands too tightly. “Yes! I’m here! Please release me Jinto you’re hurting me.” I spent the next hours recounting our trip to the Guardian and explaining the ‘project’ we’d returned with.

“So let me see if I understand this Lafiel.” Jinto said as I refilled our coffee cups. “What remains of this race is a room full of DNA and three spirits that were transferred into their central computer. The only life form you saw was a cloned being from Scholars DNA?” As usual Jinto had taken several hours of explanation and expressed it in the simplest form possible. I nodded as I picked up my cup. The coffee Atosuryua found on this trip was a very welcomed change from our usual blend. It had a very robust flavor and was mild for such a stout blend. I was so taken by its flavor I almost missed Jinto’s question.

“You’re going to produce beings for those three to inhabit, clones with extended life and modified brains?” Jinto I love you so, but your constantly reducing everything to its most common denominator will one day bring such a rise from me you’ll not know what hit you. I nodded and explained in less detail this time what the plan was.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty-Two is posted for your reading pleasure... :D

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty three progresses time for a snippet...
Spoiler:
Journal entry: I’m starting my third year on this world; I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed. Today was spent with Seelnay, Nasse and Sobbash along with their daughters Dawn, Plakia and Saio. We went on an exploration trip of the lagoon. I was along to learn about the area as well, I learned a lot. I’m getting use to the title of ‘Auntie Dai’ though, running around with a seven, eight and a four year old, is giving me more experience with children than I’d ever imagined. It’s also taught me to appreciate children in a way Abh are never taught. Well so much for this entry. Journal exit.

I proof the journal entry and prepare it for encryption. Atosuryua will deliver it to Duhiel when she travels to Hania Prime in two weeks. I have to be very general in my journal entries because there is always the chance someone who hasn’t the right to read them may do so before Duhiel sees them. I’ve seen Duhiel four times since my exile to this world; no, exile is the wrong word.

My reassignment, I like that better, the grand learning experience Lafiel called it. I have learned so much too. I would rate myself as very well rounded in matters of the physical, political and philosophical. This world has a very diverse culture so many differing points of view and so many different way of expressing the same thought. I’m beginning to understand what Lafiel meant by I would have a ‘well rounded education’ when I finally joined Duhiel. I’m now studying the history of the Villagers. I was surprised to find them descendants of the mother city’s inhabitants. Things that I’ve seen on this world now make sense. There were so many things I didn’t understand before. Starting with the people Lafiel has surrounded herself with.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty three is finished and being proofed.. I'll post it shortly.. If anyone's still reading this ...

Oni
Lander

Post by Oni »

Im still reading! I havent quite had the time to catch up on the last few chapters but I still love your fanfic! keep up the good work! :D
Jinto
Lander

Post by Jinto »

Hey been a long time. Yes I still read and enjoy the story I have just not been posting though I do come by sometimes. How have you been?
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Jinto wrote:Hey been a long time. Yes I still read and enjoy the story I have just not been posting though I do come by sometimes. How have you been?
I've been as well as can be expected... How's school progressing?

Also # 23 is posted for your reading pleasure.....

Jinto
Lander

Post by Jinto »

I will be starting school this fall and will be getting my basics out of the way for later classes. I plan to be a teacher once I get college completed. I know I will have to really work hard though for what I want because I really want to teach over seas in Japan or some where like that. So I have a lot of work to do when I start. Thank you for posting the story chapter I will check it out.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Jinto wrote:I will be starting school this fall and will be getting my basics out of the way for later classes. I plan to be a teacher once I get college completed. I know I will have to really work hard though for what I want because I really want to teach over seas in Japan or some where like that. So I have a lot of work to do when I start. Thank you for posting the story chapter I will check it out.

Teaching abroad that sound great.. here's hoping everything works out for you..

Jinto
Lander

Post by Jinto »

Thanks, I am really hoping that it works out the way I want it to. I am going to start reading from chapter 19 and go from there. I will post once I catch up to the most recent chapter that you have posted.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Yay.... Enjoy and always if there are any questions ... ask ...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

After several delays twenty -four is posted enjoy and comment please..

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty - five is moving along.... Anybody got a spare warp core they could lend Lafiel? :banghead:

3x3eyesfan
Lander

Post by 3x3eyesfan »

Thank you for the short stories. They are written really well and the are very interesting. I really enjoy reading them. Thank you again
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Time for a snippet from twenty-five:
Spoiler:
Captains log: 2235 on the …. Ah the hell with protocol, we’ve been on the run for the past seventy-two hours out of the twelve ships I commanded four still survive. We’ve made it to the Hyde system, the complete opposite direction of which the battle lay. Paveryua’s ship work crews are repairing the worst of damage and although communications are a snarl I’ve managed to contact Father. He’s survived this encounter as well and is heading in this direction. We’ll meet on the fuel depot and plan our options. We lost five of the crew in the unprovoked attack. My First Officer lies clinging to life in the medical ward on the fuel depot. She valiantly secured a reactor breach before it could occur; radiation is not the cause of her ailment. The subsequent explosion that followed propelled her into the bulkhead and fractured her spine. She’s not responded to our treatment. The Depot was the best place to leave her. But we would not be here if it wasn’t for her actions. For what its worth I’ve recommended her for a medal, I just hope she lives and the Empire survives so she may wear it with pride. Log ends.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty five is posted. Sorry about the delay....

Twenty six is progressing along.