Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series ~ Laurell K. Hamilton

Tell us about the type of science fiction you enjoy.
Katz
Lander

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series ~ Laurell K. Hamilton

Post by Katz »

Vampires
lycanthropes - Werelepards, Werewolves, Wererats, etc...
Zombies
And just one small petite U.S Marshall to tame or kill them all. Good stuff.
Don't take my summary for the best understanding. Go to L.K.H's site and take a look. She keeps first chapts up for for all her books!

Laurell K. Hamilton site
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/

Chapt 1 of book 1 ABVHS
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/Anita/GPChap1.htm

So far I haven't met many people who have read any of these. Marvel just starting selling the comics to the novels but I heard they leave ALOT out and that they don't make complete sense because of that.

I warn all who pick this series up though!

It may start out PG-13 but it quickly become RC-17 but it is worth the mush!
Attachments
AnitaGP_01_cvrB-738792.jpg
AnitaGP_01_cvrB-738792.jpg (83.25 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
anita-blake-sucks-in-marvel.jpg
anita-blake-sucks-in-marvel.jpg (141.64 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute. Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe.
-World of Narue
Katz
Lander

Re: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series ~ Laurell K. Hamilton

Post by Katz »

The newest book is coming out May 27th!

* Blood Noir * And you can read the first chapt. of the novel at Laurel K. Hamilton's site.

Blood Noir and down
Spoiler:
What's up with the increasing mush/lust scenes? Now we just start the book out with it? LKH doesn't beat around the bush anymore now done she?
In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute. Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe.
-World of Narue
Katz
Lander

Post by Katz »

It's out! The newest book number #16!!! After reading the first chapter at Hamilton's site and hearing alot of talk about it, I have come to find that it's going to be mostly about Jason whom has played major parts in the past novels but never really had the spotlight shined on him...so we get some dish on him and hopefully the storyline will proceed some more because I must admit it's getting rather drawn out with Marmee Noir!

I'm in the middle of waiting for my book to get here cause I ordered it online at a chaper price ($18.25) With a few others- of couse! One being the first book of the Stephenie Meyers series called 'Twilight'
It's also a novel series that has vampires and other supernatural goodies but it looks more like a love story then anything else. I'll put up a topic on it when I finish.

When i finish Blood Noir I'll post back and maybe give you all some snips of it. In fact I'll give some of my favorite lines for the novel series here!

"I think she believed I'd do it. Peachy keen. I'd hate to waste a good threat."

"'Anita, are you all right?' Why do people ask that when the answer is obviously no?"

"I wasn't sure if he was trying not to laugh, or not to frown. Maybe both. I affected some people that way."

"I took one more thing to bed with me, a stuffed toy penguin named Sigmund. I don't sleep with him often, just every once in a while after someone tries to kill me."
(Penguins...gawd I love 'ems!)
"Everyone has their weaknesses. Some people smoke. I collect stuffed penguins. If you won't tell, I won't."

"If you keep a gun in your purse, you get killed, because no woman can find anything in her purse in under twelve minutes. It's a rule."

"No one had been shooting at me yet; I was encouraged by that."

"As long as he didn't flash that smile at the wrong time and get us molested by nuns, we would be safe."

"The most frightening thing I'd seen all afternoon was the prices on the designer clothing."

"I don't care how many times you've seen women carry guns on a thigh holster on television, it is damn awkward. You walk like a duck with a wet diaper on."

"I walked back past the coffin and hesitated. I had an urge to knock on the smooth wood. Anybody home? I didn't do it. For all I knew someone might have knocked back."

"If I was on the right track, I'd attract attention soon. Which meant someone might try to kill me. Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Sometimes bravery and stupidity are almost interchangeable."

"I could only handle a zillion problems at a time. A zillion and one was beyond me."

"I was beginning to get a little paranoid. Or maybe realistic was a better word."
-World of Narue
Spaurh
Founding Member

Post by Spaurh »

I've read some of the books in this series.

Guilty Pleasures
The Laughing Corpse
Circus of the Damned
The Killing Dance
Bloody Bones
The Lunatic Cafe

That's as far as I got in the Anita Blake Series.... A friend recommended that I stop where I am because she said that the rest of the series is basically Fem-Harem por-n. She said that Anita ended up demi-god of a chimera made up of every possible supernatural creation possible with more Yaoi boy-toys than the population of a small city. I also heard about Marvel releasing the stories in comic form, but I suspect that they will edit out a ton of stuff unless they are going to release it under their defunct 'Max' titles of adult content. So thats where I left the series even though I liked such characters as the cold blooded killer Edward, I'm not into Yaoi.