Sci-Fi Channel to Broadcast GUNDAM 00 Season 2!

Tell us about the type of science fiction you enjoy.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Written by Bandai Entertainment
Friday, 19 June 2009 09:37

June 19, 2009 (Cypress, CA) –Bandai Entertainment Inc., in a license with Starz Media, announced the return of Gundam 00 to SCI FI Channel on June 29th on the “Ani-Monday” block, which features leading programming from Manga Entertainment, a division of Starz Media. Two episodes will air each week during a 13 week run.

“It’s great to be working with Starz Media and SCI FI Channel on the second season of Gundam 00 to US television. The second season really builds to a great climax” said Ken Iyadomi, President of Bandai Entertainment Inc.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 is the latest installment in the long running franchise and takes place in the year 2307 A.D. When fossil fuels have been completely depleted and humanity has turned to solar energy to maintain its way of life, the controlling nations of the solar power find themselves at war with more impoverished countries and threats to the “promised land of God” lead to the formation of a group called the Celestial Being, whose purpose is to end war and unite humanity through the use of four Gundam mech.

The second season picks up the action four years later when a peace-keeping force called “A-Laws” has risen to power posing new challenges for Celestial Being. The series is directed by Seiji Mizushima whose past credits as a director and storyboard artist include Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, and Appleseed: Ex Machina.

Copyright © 2009 Bandai Entertainment, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.

From Bandai Entertainment

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."