Starship Troopers and Inspired Works

Tell us about the type of science fiction you enjoy.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Starship Troopers and Inspired Works

Post by Ekuryua »

I happen to be a huge fan of Robert Heinlin's Starship Troopers. Because of this, I'm automatically interested in any science fiction literature that is inspired by this book. So far, I've read Robert Buettner's Orphanage, which I greatly enjoyed. I've also read Armor, by John Steakley, which I did not like. In addition, I've been recommended The Forever War by Joe Haldman and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Has anybody here read these last two books, and are they any good? Also, are there any other books you would recommend?
End Transmission.
Lunchbox
Lander

Re: Starship Troopers and Inspired Works

Post by Lunchbox »

If you read Ender's game you must also read Speaker for the dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, in that order. I would also recommend reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the trick to flying is throwing yourself and the ground and missing. ;)
No fear just Beer. We provide the enemy the opportunity to die for their country. Penetration before detonation.
IYAAYAS!
Ekuryua
Vassel

Post by Ekuryua »

I've read Hitchhikers (as well as seen the BBC TV show and the movie). Are Haldman's books any good?
End Transmission.
Lunchbox
Lander

Post by Lunchbox »

have not read any of his books that i know off. Berserker wars is a good one, there is just something about attacking a starship with a 20 mile wide banana cream pie :lol:
No fear just Beer. We provide the enemy the opportunity to die for their country. Penetration before detonation.
IYAAYAS!