UK Family Claims They're Too Fat To Work

Find a relevant news story? Post it here!
Ekuryua
Vassel

UK Family Claims They're Too Fat To Work

Post by Ekuryua »

A family in the United Kingdom is claiming that they should get extra money from the government because they're 'too fat to work'. The family has a victim complex, and they dubiously claim their condition is the result of a genetic defect rather than their obviously unhealthy diets (the mother claims that healthy food is 'too expensive'.) What do they want this extra welfare money for? More food, of course.

Now, I'm all for welfare... but when it enables people like this to literally pig out on the taxpayer's money, you know there's a problem. Perhaps the UK should copy Japan's mandatory fitness program for the obese...
End Transmission.
Azgalath
Lander

Re: UK Family Claims They're Too Fat To Work

Post by Azgalath »

Yah, it always bothers me to hear about people abusing welfare. The money should go toward those who really need it... not those who just want it. :amismiling
It's going to be awesome!
Ekuryua
Vassel

Re: UK Family Claims They're Too Fat To Work

Post by Ekuryua »

Unfortunately, I think this story will wind up serving as ammunition for the far right, who insist welfare shouldn't exist at all. After all, if a person doesn't earn enough money, it's there own fault for being lazy, right?
End Transmission.