01_Imperial Year 963

Here you will find each story posted in a readable format. This is a copyrighted work and is protected by intellectual property laws recognized by most nations. In other words read and enjoy but post no where else.
Diaho
Site Administrator

01_Imperial Year 963

Post by Diaho »

Imperial Year 963

You are in the grand hall where six years ago the Scourge squadron was formed. On the platform is a throne either side of it two tables are set. There are about fifteen hundred Abh are in attendance. As the lights dim and the platform lights come up, Fleet Admiral Kenesh steps in the spotlight and the hall is silent with all on their feet.

"Emperor Dusanyu and guest." As the Emperor enters from the rear all come to attention and salute

With the Emperor is a five-year-old girl with her sky blue hair in pigtails and her Ablïarsec ears proudly showing. She sits to right side of the throne. Within the group seating themselves at tables are the former empress Ramaj, her son and grandson. Among the host of admirals are Admirals Spoor, Trife, Kotoponi, and Bebaus. As the Emperor sits, all present sit.

Fleet Admiral Kenesh starts to speak but is interrupted from the throne...

"Everyone, we are here tonight to promote two outstanding officers to commands they truly deserve."
"These officers have served the empire well and deserve your respect. You may precede Fleet Admiral”

"Thank you your Imperial Highness.. The first promotion, for her honorable service to the Empire, Rear Admiral Atosuryua is promoted to Admiral and will command the entire Scourge squadrons under Greater Admiral Spoor."

Rear Admiral Atosuryua comes forward and is met in front of the throne by Admiral Spoor. Admiral Kenesh gives Spoor the headband, sash, and command rod of an admiral to her. She in turn presents them to Admiral Atosuryua.
Words of congratulation are exchanged and both return to their seats...

"To fill the position of commander of the first squadron in place of Admiral Atosuryua we are promoting a new admiral, Commander Ablïarsec please come forward. Lafiel rises, glances at the empty seat next to her and moves forward..

Debeusec rises and approaches the throne. Fleet Admiral Kenesh gives him the headband sash and command rod, after which he turns to Lafiel and says as he's handing them to her "I am proud of you”. She takes them, smiles and returns to her seat..

The Emperor, Fleet Admiral, and small girl leave ... The party starts..

About a half-hour later Atosuryua, Sobbash and Spoor are talking about Spoors tomb. Sobbash notices a lone figure at the edge of the room where light and shadow meet. She nudges Atosuryua, and then ends their conversation with Spoor. They slowly move across the room to this lone figure.

Standing there motionless and by herself is Lafiel clutching her headband, sash and rod tightly.

As they approach Sobbash speaks “Admiral Ablïarsec.. Admiral … Lafiel… ??”

With that Atosuryua and Sobbash are shocked to hear a weak "Yes” from Lafiel..

She turns towards them, staring at her hands, which are clenched so tight they are white, almost bloodless.

Before Lafiel can speak, a hand comes from the shadows and rest firmly on her shoulder.
The hand, the smell of someone very familiar, she releases her grip and the color returns to her hands.

“Where were you ??” asks Lafiel.

Before the shadow can answer, Atosuryua answers, “On a mission obeying my orders.”
Before Lafiel can speak Atosuryua continues, “Now that you’ve become an admiral you will need a trusted Chief of Staff. I know you and your present executive officer do not get along well so I recruited a suitable Chief for you. Sobbash had a hand in it as well and it took longer than we thought but here’s our present to you.”

She looks to the shadow and says “Kilo Commander Lynn please step forward” Jinto in a flyer’s head band and wearing the sash of a Kilo Commander, steps from the shadow… Lafiel in shock looks at Sobbash and says, “You two modified him, you’ve made him half Abh.” Sobbash replies “ It was his decision as well, Admiral, he knew you needed an Abh Chief of Staff. He went through the modification of his own free will, he won’t have blue hair or the obedience gene.”

Jinto’s hand still on Lafiel shoulder continues, “I did this because I wanted to. Sobbash taught me to fly, Admiral Atosuryua taught me the rest, I"ve passed my test, so I am a flyer now.” Lafiel looks across the room and spots Debeusec and Ramaj looking at her and nodding their approval. Still holding the sash, headband, and command rod Lafiel starts to speak but before a sound leaves her lips, her face turns bright red.

“Admiral?” both Sobbash and Atosuryua inquire. Then Sobbash notices Commander Lynn’s hand is no longer on Lafiel shoulder it has moved to Lafiel’s posterior. Smirking, Sobbash motions to Atosuryua and they both step back.

Jinto and Lafiel are now standing half in and out of the shadows. If you were close, you would have seen what Sobbash saw. Jinto now turns Lafiel back into the shadow with him all you see is one hand around her waist and one hand on her bottom. Jinto whispers to Lafiel “My precious Imperial Highness, Rear Admiral, I’m ready to serve you”.

She drops what is in her hands extends them and hugs Jinto mightily, “People are watching us Jinto don’t you think this might upset crew moral”. “Not at all my love I’ve got everything covered,” replies Jinto. "Yes, you most certainly do Jinto,” replies Lafiel. “But.. We should discuss your interpretation of rear admiral.” They pick up her headband, sash, and command rod and leave the room.

On the way out Jinto spies Ekuryua, he knows she’s seen and heard it all.
Thinking it doesn’t matter now; he waves to her as they leave.

She leaves muttering something about..

“Stupid old Empire made him an Abh!”

“Now he out ranks me!”

“Impossible! Impossible!”

“Where’s the cat?”

To be continued “In the Girl with the Sky Blue Hair.”

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."