02_Girl With the Sky Blue Hair

Here you will find each story posted in a readable format. This is a copyrighted work and is protected by intellectual property laws recognized by most nations. In other words read and enjoy but post no where else.
Diaho
Site Administrator

02_Girl With the Sky Blue Hair

Post by Diaho »

Girl With the Sky Blue Hair
“SHUT UP!!”

Her words are ringing across the command deck as she stands red-faced her hands clenched at her side. A moment later she turns towards the door that exits the command deck and briskly proceeds to leave. Her eyes fixed on the door, ears no longer hearing anything around her she leaves. It’s mealtime and the gangways are empty. But it’s a good thing because an officer with just one thought on her mind is rushing down them.

Passing the mess hall, her nose smells one of her favorite dishes today, but her brain is set only on one thing alone. Almost there, just one more right turn... we see a sparkle from her face as she turns.. two doors, there! The plaque on the door says it all “ Fleet Admiral Kenesh, Chief of Staff to the Commanding Admiral, Abh Star Forces. Usually she stops for a moment of reflection, but not now. “Open” the door obeys her command. “Close, Lock” Creunoc, and her headband tossed to the dresser, command rod and tunic dropped on top to the chair. “Communication console OFF! Lights dim.” She turns to the bed with two overstuffed pillows on it, and falls forward face first kicking her shoes off in process.

With her head on one pillow the other in her arms she thinks, “That man! Why does he do these things?”
The last week had been hell for her. First the Aptic counter attack, then the Bebaus brothers. As Chief of Staff she had to say something, and that’s where it all started. “I wonder if he knows which brother?” There was a time of peace for her during the battle when the Basroil was destroyed and the fate of the Viscountess and Count were unknown. He had left her alone but, at the end of it all, he teased her again without mercy. “Bebaus, that was twenty years ago! He is still a fool and he’ll be nothing but trouble! It’s like I did not try to warn him, even though I give him my best I wonder what Dusanyu thinks of me? He does trust me and I…” Anger is replaced by exhaustion; the dim lights and silence have done their work she drifts off to sleep.

“Admiral. Admiral Kenesh.. ADMIRAL!!” Those words along with banging on the door bring her to a light sleep state. “Yuma is that you? What’s wrong! What time is it?”

Outside the door Kilo Commander Yuma, the Chief of Staff to Admiral Kenesh breathes a sigh of relief.
“Admiral it’s zero eight hundred, the planet Aptic three has just surrendered, and His Highness requests you join him in his ready room now.”

“Wow I was asleep that long, Chief of Staff? Lights on.” she finds her shoes, takes a new uniform from the closet, dresses, puts on her headband, grabs her command rod and creunoc. “Door open”. The door opens to find Kilo Commander Yuma with an expression of surprise on her face standing in the hall. “You’ve not slept like that since the academy days Admiral,” she said.

“You were not on duty last night, so you have no idea what happened?” asked Kenesh. “No Admiral did something happen I should know about?” Kenesh proceeds to inform Yuma about last night. “Prince of the Empire or not that man can be a real jerk. Are you going to let him get away with that?” Yuma asks. “There’s a time and place for that later.” Kenesh says with a smile. “Let’s go to work” The two childhood friends proceed down the hallway.

Dusanyu, heir to the throne, as soon as someone to replace him is found, floats in his ready room.
Charts graphs and text information surrounding him. His Chief of Staff is late. “I’ll make the decisions by myself then.” he muses.

“May I come in?” asks a voice from the speaker in the door.

“Yes Chief of Staff I’ve been waiting for you.” The door opens Kenesh enters. Dusanyu explain his decision, she agrees and leaves to issue the orders. “She did not disagree with anything, she was here less than five minuets, is she still upset with me?” thought Dusanyu.

Dalmap star system, headquarters to the Imperial Star Forces. Operation Hunter has started.. Dusanyu has coxed Kenesh to admit it was Admiral Bebaus she had ties with. As Operation Hunter rages on Admiral Bebaus becomes more and more unusual with his orders. Dusanyu and Kenesh are on a business only relationship. Dusanyu is not happy with this and he plans a meeting with Kenesh to discuss Admiral Bebaus actions but he’s planning to discuss much more..

“Then I should not issue orders to stop his advance?” Dusanyu asks.

“Correct, if he was to get in to trouble we have enough spare forces to rescue him, in fact if he was to lure the remaining enemy forces out into the open we could destroy them with little loss to our forces.” Kenesh responds.

Dusanyu pauses then he says, “You would use the man you love for bait Chief of Staff?”

“I’ve told you before I DO NOT LOVE Admiral Bebaus”

“Well then Kenesh who do you love?”

“I’d rather not say Your Highness”

“Is it because we’re not in the same room?”

“No now is not the time, if that’s all you need I have orders to issue.”

“Very well, then proceed Chief of Staff”

“Thank you Your Highness.”

The meeting ends…

That night Kenesh and Yuma are walking from the control center to the dining hall. When Dusanyu steps from a doorway into their path. “Chief of Staff a moment of your time, please?”

“Go on Yuma I’ll catch up later.” Yuma proceeds down the hall looking over her shoulder briefly.

“Yes Your Highness. What can I do for you?”

“Actually Kenesh it’s what you can do for us.”

“Us?”

“Yes, Kenesh, would you share your genes with me?”

Kenesh looks deep into Dusanyu eyes and says, “I’m honored Your Highness. I’d be happy to.”

With that a beautiful girl with sky blue hair was born.

To be continued in “Return to Duty”

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."