Defensive Shields

Discuss the series here.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Defensive Shields

Post by Ekuryua »

Does anybody have information about the exact mechanics of the Abh defensive shields? Are they simply electromagnetic fields, or do they contain plasma to create a kind of radiation deflector? What is their specific output, and how much energy can they effectively absorb before failing?
End Transmission.
Dusanyu
Founding Member

Re: Defensive Shields

Post by Dusanyu »

The defensive fields are purely electromagnetic. (in the case of the humankind union) Abh Shields on the other hand are also plasma based (not from radiation) simply highly charged compressed air. this was added by the Abh when they found that the Electromagnetic cannon could fire a shot that could bypass Electromagnetic shields. the decision was made to add a layer of plasma to the shields in order to destroy any impacting Shot from a electromagnetic cannon. The plasma used in the shields is similar to what is found in plazma arc cutters found on 21st century earth.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Post by Ekuryua »

So it is a plasma shield... cool.
End Transmission.
Katz
Lander

Post by Katz »

Where in your life would you like to just throw up a shield at command?

:off topic well not really....it's still bout shields...

...When my mom yells at me... When Tony realizes I was the one who poured syrup on his car.... When any of my anime friends see me (aka scott, Marissa, Kevin) cause I'm sick of getting the {*Mokona Tackle* one of 108 special abilities!} and so forth...
In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute. Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe.
-World of Narue