Shorts Stories Comments

We are happy to introduce you to this short story series. These Short Stories are inspired by Hiroyuki Morioka's Seikai series. They take place 10 years after Jinto and Lafiel first met.

Written and copyrighted by Diaho. A.K.A. Aviator.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Re: Shorts Stories Comments

Post by Diaho »

Twenty six is in proofing...

and to answer the question..

Sobaash is the author's male officer

Sobbash is my version of the female officer from the anime.

PDVD_003.jpg
PDVD_003.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 13656 times

PDVD_004.jpg
PDVD_004.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 13656 times
The ability to dodge a flying plate from behind is most interesting.

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've missed an anniversary it seems... :banghead:

It's been FIVE years since I first posted the Imperial Year 963 short story. I never thought I'd be writing five years later..
Twenty- six is proofing and Twenty-seven is about four pages at this writing so wow I've even amazed myself. :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty six is posted for your reading enjoyment .. now a snippet from 27.

Spoiler:
“They both told you to go away and mind your own business?”

Kenesh’s face flickered on the display she has just delivered her report. I thanked her and ordered the fleet back to the Capital’s solar system. My son and my grandson both refused to cooperate. Lafiel will have to be convinced by other means then. Ramaj dimmed the light and left the office on her way back to the council chamber she decided how she’d handle those who wanted Lafiel stopped. She stopped at the door to the chamber and thought.

“I wonder if they have enough nerve to go to Shahrazad and tell Lafiel to be a good little girl. I seriously doubt it.”

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty seven is in final proofing... I hope to have it posted this weekend... :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty Seven is posted for your reading pleasure.

Now a note: Lafiel has a make over in this chapter.
So the reader might understand how she ended up looking,
I've attached a model's photo to this post,
granted she's not Lafiel, but her features are close enough.

Spoiler:

img_model.png
img_model.png (349.95 KiB) Viewed 13633 times

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty Eight is in Proofing to be posted fairly soon... I hope...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty eight is posted. Enjoy and comment please..

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've been under the weather as of late so Twenty Nine which is almost complete still needs a lot of work.
As I feel better I'll continue...

A small tidbit from Twenty Nine

Spoiler:
I awoke about mid morning Lafiel was still sleeping. I’m being too generous what Lafiel was doing although she had her eyes closed was not restful sleep. Twitching, turning about the bed, she was wrestling with her next options concerning the Zu’har. If this is how the night has gone she’ll not be rested in the least.

The room is cool and Lafiel has kicked the covers off onto the floor. I pick up everything but the light blanket and place them in the chair beside the bed. Being careful not to wake her I gently lay the blanket across her lower torso. On contact her hands grasp the blanket and pull it to her chin. I adjust the free end to cover her feet and leave the room.

Bright sunshine and a clear blue cloudless sky greet me as I walk across the square to the restaurant in the Village. Breakfast was simple I wasn’t all that hungry; once I had that finished I contacted Risch. The evening of sorting through data had yielded some interesting tidbits which he asked me if he should bring them to the Village or await our return. I told him of our evening and suggested that he had the information at hand in case Lafiel wanted it here but it was my understanding that those decisions were to be made on the island and not in the Village.

Before I ended our chat I asked how Jinto was doing. Risch was blunt; Jinto had Martine and nothing else on his mind. He spent till early morning searching for anything concerning those involved in the orbital devices. Risch said Jinto was waiting for the Seelnay and the Ku Dorin to arrive. I paused for a moment and realized that having a fast ship has some disadvantages. We arrived here well before the transport due to our speed now Jinto has to wait for them so he can continue to question Arisa. I told Risch that Lafiel was still sleeping and I wasn’t sure what mood she would be in when she woke, but what ever happens I told him that I missed him and loved him very much. And I would see him very soon one way or the other.

I closed the link and went back to the square that is where Lafiel found me. I was sitting very disconnected from my body and present surroundings day dreaming as Jinto would say. Her hand on my shoulder returned me to the here and now.

Garnet
Lander

Post by Garnet »

keep it up Diaho :happy
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Garnet wrote:keep it up Diaho :happy

Writing... most definitely...

This flu however I wish would go bother someone else, present company excluded that is. :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Finished with being sick.... :banghead:

Twenty nine is in proofing a snippet follows:
Spoiler:
“Noel. Are you hungry?”

“Already had breakfast you hungry?”

“Not really but I’m not ready to go see Scholar either.”

“We could sit here and absorb this beautiful day till you’re ready to go Lafiel.”

Lafiel sat next to me and for about two hours we took in the day, felt the warmth of the sun, the scents on the breeze and the calm this planet normally shows one who takes the time to notice it. Although Lafiel’s mind did not require food her body announced rather loudly that nourishment would be the next thing on our agenda. We made our way to the restaurant for lunch and I joined Lafiel in having a bit of a snack myself. It had been a long time since we had a leisurely lunch and we enjoyed every moment of it.

Our conversation over lunch was light hearted. We discussed the crop forecast, noticed the baby boom had truly arrived and looked towards the future. It was the future that turned the conversation dark. Lafiel suddenly stopped talking, finished her drink and said it was time to go see Scholar. We had spent almost three hours total not thinking about anything of any importance. I found it a welcome change from our recently accelerated life style, which I wished would end so I could return to… Wishful thinking on my part, from the first I knew finding peace was going to be a challenge, but after the time we just spent being peaceful I was determined to find a way to make it permanent.

Captain_Nemo
Lander

Post by Captain_Nemo »

Thank you, Diaho.

Your "short stories" are really amazing (but telling "short" is not completely correct since in terms of length your First Saga (ch 1-18) at least 4 times overwhelm Morioka's "Cacophonous Space-Time", and 2 times overwhelm all three parts of "Seikai no Monshou" joined together).

Such a long story, and of such a high quality... while reading it I forgot it was a Fan Fiction and was enjoying it, like if it is canon itself.

Great job! And I'm looking forward for continuation of you Second Saga.
Spoiler:
Sorry if my English is somewhat imperfect, it's not my native language and I rarely have chance to practice it.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thank you...

I checked last night, what I've written so far, including twenty nine which I'm posting today equals
500 pages 8.5 x 11, .5 inch borders, single spaced, in 10 point Arial font.

Now what that would equal in book format is beyond me, but, yes I've written a lot and have a lot left to go..

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Twenty-nine is posted for your reading pleasure. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

Firedragon
Lander

Post by Firedragon »

I'm still reading your story ^^ and always waiting for the next chapter. It's a pleasure to read. When I started printing it, I thought it will be approximately 30 pages (that was 3 or 4 years ago) ....now the stack of paper is around 3.5cm high and I'm searching for a good way to store it.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thanks..
I quit printing to Proof after 18
I've got a sizable stack around here :banghead:
I know what you mean...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Firedragon wrote:I'm still reading your story ^^ and always waiting for the next chapter. It's a pleasure to read. When I started printing it, I thought it will be approximately 30 pages (that was 3 or 4 years ago) ....now the stack of paper is around 3.5cm high and I'm searching for a good way to store it.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Thank you for the support.... I plan on writing till I run out of ideas or get bored
which I don't think will happen in the near future since it's been 5 years already and it seem like yesterday ...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty is progressing....

However since the earthquake my thoughts have been occupied with the plight of the Japanese people and really not focused on writing.

Thirty will be two things this time; longer than normal and a little late. Both of these are unavoidable at this time...

Keep Japan in your prayers and if you can or want to help there is a link on Project Haruhi that you can use to do just that.

A snip from thirty:
Spoiler:
Jinto slept restlessly I heard him up and wondering about several times. It was just after sunrise and I quietly made my way to where Arisa was. We continued the conversation we had on the Hyde fuel depot. I’m convinced she originally had no knowledge of what she was transporting, however on the second and I now find out third trips she knew something was wrong and failed to report it. I told her we were not finished with this conversation but I also told her to take in the island and relax.

She expressed concerns about confronting Jinto and I told her that Jinto would remain in the background that she need not fear him. I could sense her relief I also added in what had happened last night and staying clear of Seelnay would be an excellent idea. As I left I told her breakfast would be at nine sharp. She nodded and said she would be there.

I left Arisa and headed to the rose garden, admiring the latest blooms I saw Noel heading towards the docks. It was then I realized Lina would be here in less than two hours and the next crisis will begin. I figured when Jinto found out not only would he be angry but this time I stood in an indefensible position. I had withheld information from Jinto and I expected to incur his wrath over it. The smell of the flowers was calming but I also knew this calm was going to be short lived.

I left the garden and stopped by Sobbash’s I figured I’d better tell her my thoughts incase Jinto did something unexpected this time. Her response was predictable, she hoped calmer heads would prevail and said she would wear a side arm if I thought it was necessary. Sobbash’s answer to conflicts lately has been comfort in a loaded laser pistol. Actually it’s not a bad idea if we were dealing with a formidable enemy, but not our loved ones though.

Captain_Nemo
Lander

Post by Captain_Nemo »

Diaho wrote:However since the earthquake my thoughts have been occupied with the plight of the Japanese people and really not focused on writing.
Yeah... I understand you... I found that at least my friends from there are ok, but still situation there is terrible.

And not only quake, also that is happening in Fukushima-dai-ichi is rather scaring. I do know that nuclear explosion is almost impossible even in worst case, but what is dangerous is not explosion, but contamination (here, where I am, in Russia, i.e. former Soviet Union, it's known probably better than anywhere else [well, Ukrainians in who's country Chernobyl is located can argue about this statement, but that times it was one country])...

And returning to topic, thank you for keeping readers informed about your story progress. Long chapters is not something bad. It's normal that while story is approaching it's climax you need to put more events, so chapters become longer.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Marathon writing completed..
Thirty is in proofing and Thirty-One is in progress.
Thirty should be posted by the weekend..

That is all for now...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Captain_Nemo wrote:
Diaho wrote:However since the earthquake my thoughts have been occupied with the plight of the Japanese people and really not focused on writing.
Yeah... I understand you... I found that at least my friends from there are ok, but still situation there is terrible.

And not only quake, also that is happening in Fukushima-dai-ichi is rather scaring. I do know that nuclear explosion is almost impossible even in worst case, but what is dangerous is not explosion, but contamination (here, where I am, in Russia, i.e. former Soviet Union, it's known probably better than anywhere else [well, Ukrainians in who's country Chernobyl is located can argue about this statement, but that times it was one country])...

And returning to topic, thank you for keeping readers informed about your story progress. Long chapters is not something bad. It's normal that while story is approaching it's climax you need to put more events, so chapters become longer.
I agree the days, weeks, months, and years ahead will be a challenge.
I do believe like your countrymen the Japaneses are up to the task as well.
Prayers and what support we can give is all we can do.
I know everyone wishes there was a way to undo what's been done but that's not possible.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty is posted for your reading pleasure.
Comments are always welcomed.

Thirty-One is progressing.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty One is taking shape

A snippet follows
Spoiler:
Scholar and I planned to leave at dawn. As I was loading the shuttle Noel approached me. She gave me a briefing on what I would encounter inside the Guardians underground complex. Her final thoughts left me wondering what I’d gotten myself into.

“Dai the complex is immense, almost twenty kilometers in every direction. Do not wonder off no matter how your curiosity is stimulated. Yeah, that’s the last thing you should know about; you’ll be under constant probing while you’re there. One thing you must not do under any circumstances is wear a receptive alpha. The show one is fine, you’ll still be probed, the worse thing you can do is to forget to change alphas once you arrive. I know I’ve done this, the data crystals even though retracted, are very sensitive to the background noise that resides inside the complex. If you’ve ever sensed a pulsar that’s mild compared to what you’ll experience there. You need to keep your senses about you and watch Scholar carefully, being a telepath she’s managed to block the complex, yet I’m sure she has a weakness if they ever find it and exploit it well…”

I had encountered a pulsar before. I had a headache for several days after that and Noel said that would be mild compared to what the complex was like. I cringed and wondered a loud what I’d gotten myself into. This time Noel answered my question and gave me information to ponder on the way there.

“Dai in the data banks is the record of our first encounter with the Wise Ones. I suggest you study it and all encounters afterwards. There is a pattern to our visits, should you get there and it’s different, or you feel uneasy, trip the emergency beacon. I’ll be there before you know it.”

I knew the Independence was back but Noel gave me the impression that she alone would come to our rescue. I didn’t understand why she would make such a statement unless there was something she hadn’t told me. I guess a review of the data banks was in order.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

I've finished Thirty-One and it's in proofing.. Unless something disastrous happens it should be up by the weekend. :amismiling:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

For your reading pleasure Thirty-One is posted... :cat_w:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty Two is moving slowly not because its difficult its because I'm becoming over worked once again.
That's all for now.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Diaho wrote:Thirty Two is moving slowly not because its difficult its because I'm becoming over worked once again.
That's all for now.
It's been almost a month now and not much has changed ... Progress is slow at best.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Diaho wrote:Thirty Two is moving slowly not because its difficult its because I'm becoming over worked once again.
That's all for now.
It's been almost a month now and not much has changed ... Progress is slow at best.
Progress has happened Thirty -two is in proofing and should be posted before weeks end

That's all except for a snippet:
Spoiler:
The interference from Martine has reached a level that it is interfering with long range communications. I’ve directed the defensive grid be placed on line and have tried on several occasion over the past few hours to scan the system. The interference is distorting our scans. I have a feeling something is happening out there something Shahrazad should know about before Lafiel arrives. Samson I wish you were here between the two of us we might figure this out. However Samson’s not here the only other person I can trust is… she’s sleeping right now as much as I do not want to wake her I must. Sobbash trusted her insight and opinion I must now take the same leap of faith and confide in her everything that I know. I let myself into her room pull the chair beside the bed and gently shake her.

“Wake up we got problems.”

A half dazed look greeted my words then my memory got jarred.

“Are you here to propose Paveryua? I told you, you’re not allowed in my room unless you are proposing to me…”

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirty two is posted for your reading pleasure.

Thirty three is progressing a snippet follows:
Spoiler:
I gave the order for the assault troops to come to Martine; this would give us two days to gather what intelligence we could and plan our ground assault of Martine. Surprised? You should be. Let me guess, you figured as a trained Abh officer. I’d just sit up in space and lob ordinance upon the surface until they surrendered and you would have been right. But I’ve out grown that training, we are going to do the minimum amount of damage that we can get away with by launching an invasion of Martine with ground forces. Lala is leading the group of thirty thousand troops, not mercenaries either, trained combat troops. I plan on leaving as much of Martine intact as I can. Tonight the fleet rests; starting tomorrow the real work begins.

Oni
Lander

Post by Oni »

Thanks for keeping this going <3