87_Moving Forward

Here you will find each story posted in a readable format. This is a copyrighted work and is protected by intellectual property laws recognized by most nations. In other words read and enjoy but post no where else.
Diaho
Site Administrator

87_Moving Forward

Post by Diaho »

Moving Forward

As I have for the past year I start this day alone at the falls, watching the sunrise encase the newest monument there. I quietly knew once it started it was never going to get any better, but kept an optimistic view to the very end. Our science and medicine have greatly improved the 'human' condition however one thing we're still unable to master is the brain that controls each and every one of us.

It started slowly, to those who had causal interactions with him it was not noticeable, however I've spent decades in close contact with him and although I initially shrugged it off, I was the first to notice it. After an exam and consultation he also realized what was occurring and what the future would hold. We kept the information quiet at first telling only Cassie and Shawn, but it became apparent that others would have to know because he was deteriorating faster than anticipated.

The end came peacefully with Cassie and Donald, Shawn and Miranda along with me at his side. I took time to reflect, so much had occurred that I had missed out on because I alone took care of him. It's been five years since those aboard the asteroid arrived and since the 'Badlands War' ended. Shortly after those from the asteroid arrived, and as the 'war' was gearing up Dawn's brother, Donald returned to this world. It would seem he and Cassandra had ties from before he left and had continued to communicate while he was away. It came as a shock to all concerned when Cassie announced she and Donald were engaged.

The fallout from the 'Badlands War' still reverberates today and will probably do so for some time to come. Although this was no war a lot of lives were lost in an attempt to maintain control of a political system. This time though, it was a senseless waste. If it can be call a good thing that came out of this mess was Miranda's acceptance and Shawn's understanding, they're a couple, six months ago I had my doubts but they found common ground once again and… one hopes but as I was once told 'don't hold your breath, because you don't look good blue' I guess we'll see, one thing, I'll not interfere, I made that promise before he passed and I attend to keep it.

In the world around me… Scholar took Pegasus and a group of researchers to explore a system that was indicated in the data from the asteroid. On that subject I'll continue, the data contained within the asteroid has left most that have seen it speechless, aghast, and so on. There is no reason at this juncture to discount what was stored, a written and visual record of the final years of Sol and the system. The question remains what happened to trigger the collapse of the giant gas planet and the small system it created, was it a natural occurrence or did it have help, outside interference. That still seems to be a question the asteroid can't answer. Its launch date precedes those events but there is some data that points to planetary creation but it's woefully incomplete.

The Alliance, what it is now, has no resemblance to the 'no holes barred' nonsense of five years ago. After the Badlands incident a massive reorganization took place, believe it or not there are now sensible beings running the Alliance, I'm still stunned but Shahrazad had a small part in the transformation I'm proud to say. We purposely have been slowly releasing the data that would concern the history of those in the Alliance, gleaned from the asteroid.

Let me explain; there are those who can trace their origin back to the Sol system, the history we presently have differs greatly from the history passed down to them. Not wanting to start a crisis, there will be conflicting historical data that we know which will never make its way into the mainstream of the Alliance. Those from before made several errors that can be learned from, but some of the undesirable actions… the down right insensitivity and… I'll stop… looking back on the Empire that I was part of I see comparisons, there is a possibility that those who do not learn from the mistakes of others are bound to repeat them, usually with an even more disastrous outcome than those before them had. I was seeing summaries of the research groups, sorting through the data, until he passed. After that my mind couldn't… I just wanted to go and hide… what did he say once 'ignorance is bliss' probably true and in this case might be, but the present climate within my universe has me thinking about what I've seen and read then wondering…

To those from the asteroid, they adapted nicely. We as a planet have more skilled and knowledgeable people than anytime in our brief history. Everyone has pitched in and the results, we've leapt forward at a pace that boggles the mind. Noel now has assistants that understand the technology of this world and has most of its secrets uncovered. Yuwanda joined the Council and after several heated discussion our outlook on the rest of the universe is more centered than before.

We have had a very few interested in our defense forces all but one have ground positions, that one uniquely qualified candidate is Chitose… after a length of time with KO she was recommended to join a crew but not Illusion's. There's a saying 'familiarity breeds contempt' might be true my thoughts opposites attract, alike repel… KO and Chitose are too much alike to exist on the same ship, let alone the same universe. Chitose is presently Ariel's acting first officer with the rank of Lt. Commander pending Ariel's review. They seem to get along and in combat simulations the ships performance improved markedly.

As mentioned earlier, the Council had a different outlook on just about everything, with one notable exception which I'll get to shortly. Their relationship with those nations in the Alliance has never been better some sweeping reforms have also been initiated most concerning the non aligned worlds and territories. Those areas have been invited to join us but not pressured, most have some have bluntly refused, to those we left the option of reconsidering at a later date. The Council's opinion in numbers there is strength and prosperity for one and all. We shall see those are my personal thoughts on the matter.

The notable exception is the Empire; what we learned from the survivors brought about anger… it took every fiber of my being to contain my rage. The Abh ambassadors stationed at several nation states have been recalled their diplomatic mission dissolved. A defensive wall has been erected around the Empire and its satellite worlds. They have for all intents and purposes become completely isolated from all around them. It's sad and disturbing at the same time. One wonders what is going on behind the curtain of secrecy. We and the Alliance remain vigilant… being Abh I know how fast they can strike and with the present perceived climate, they'll give no warning. I'm glad he's not here to see this unfold, it would break his heart after all the quiet effort he exhausted in keeping the lines of diplomacy open.

Returning to his ailment; our medicine can and has repaired a damaged healthy brain Cassandra is living proof of that. With that said the rapid loss of neuro material, killed off by ones own immune system, which we haven't conquered took him from us. In some cases, we can slow the progress and give some time but, nature has its way. His treatment was aggressive his disease progression even more so… Tired, confused and no longer able to tell who was who… we let him move on to the peaceful rest that awaits us all.

"Independence Captains log: ten days passed rapidly and without any issues. Chitose has taken every task I've thrown at her and completed it with ease… I'm a bit in awe, secretly I think she Captain's material however I like my ship and at the moment we have no new ships in the planning stage, that said should an opening come about even though I'd be losing a competent First Officer I'll be the first to recommend her should she desire it."

"Captain, Contact bearing two three six, distance five hundred thousand kilometers. There is no record of any vessels in this area."

"Do a detailed scan and plot an intercept course."

"As you wish, scanning… our scan is being reflected and… they're powering…

"SHIELDS NOW!"

A powerful disrupter beam struck the ship, the shields held, reversing course and trying to place distance between them, their attacker started to pursue them.

In the ward room aboard Samson Eliana was having a conference with Dai and Plakia when…

"Captain receiving distress signal from Independence they're taking fire. Position on you display…"

Ignoring the display Eliana replied.

"Battle stations plot a course and engage… Ladies the information is being fed to your navigational stations would you mind joining me?"

"You really had to ask, course plotted we're closest, engaging, estimate five minuets." Dai said

Dai left Plakia followed and Eliana brought up the rear notifying Command of the situation.

"Captain Reinforcements are enroute; the hostile is gaining on us and hang on…"

This discharge dimmed the lights and shook the ship.

"Helm head to our fleet pull out the stops and engage."

At their max speed they were just pulling away from their pursuer… opening a link to Eliana she said.

"Coming at you, just keeping out of the disrupter range consider them extremely hostile ETA your location one minute."

"We're ready, drop out of light just past Dai we'll take it from here are you undamaged?"

"We took a solid hit, primary weapons are off line so is navigation… we're flying by… this lady is pretty awesome."

At the navigator's station sat Chitose; ships controls on manual she's guiding them to the waiting fleet. Observing her Ariel would later remark.

'Seems like she enjoyed it and was deftly adept to a system she'd only been exposed to less than three days ago.'

As they approached, their pursuer saw what was waiting and reversed course as they discharged their weapon once again. Although well dispersed the wave shook the ship and Dai took some of it as well.

"Ariel what did you stumble across? Did you provoke them in the least?"

"Eli we spotted an unknown and tried to scan it… you know the rest… it's very fast and quite powerful. As far as what it was, our scans were reflected, never let them close enough to have a visual… did any of you get a look before they left?"

A quick check told the tale, not one of them had time to get a visual and the energy signatures course indicated it was returning to the Empire's protected space. Gathering up Ariel they returned to the edge of the planetary defense zone where Eli filed this report.

"While on patrol in sector four seventy one, Independence came across an unknown vessel they proceeded to determine its origin and for the attempt to scan them they were attacked without warning. A distress signal was received by this ship and along with Defiance and Discovery we proceeded to a point to intercept Independence. When the unknown vessel saw it was now outnumbered four to one it fired what I have to assume was its main weapon in a wide dispersal to cover its retreat. Even at that the potential energy of this weapon was quite impressive. The energy signature lead to the Empire's protected zone. As general order two states we're to stay one-half light years distance from the zone which we did in fact we never got close. Returning to the outpost out side the planetary zone with Independence it tow the incident ends."

Eliana's report started to raise questions not only on Shahrazad but the Alliance as well. Aboard Independence Ariel and Chitose were taking a closer look at what little data they had collected and a disturbing fact came to light.

"Third time through the system with different parameters set and the answer is the same. Had we not raised shields before the attack we would not be here, period. Take a look Captain, notice the path of that the discharge took is completely void of any matter. Granted space filled in the void as soon as the beam retreated but. We're matter if that weapon destroys matter… it can't be pure anti-matter, we know what happens when those two collide, so what hit us?"

Ariel's investigation when forwarded to the Council set off more alarm bells than the incident it's self. An emergency meeting of the Council and Alliance was called; the determination was made that an investigation in detail needed to proceed with Shahrazad leading it. As the chair of the Alliance said and put it rather bluntly.

"There are treaties that outlaw certain types of energy weaponry; given the evidence presented we feel that what you came across violates most every treaty in effect. Who it belongs to is also important, but, where the return signature was tracked to, we have to assume either the Empire directly, or one of it satellite nations, has developed a weapon of mass destruction in violation of aforementioned treaties. Find it, find out who did it and if possible secure it, if unable to secure it destroy it, plus recover any data for analysis."

In the Command Center senior staff took in what the Alliance had just said. The viewer went blank and Cassandra turned to those assembled and said.

"They want us to play footsies with the Empire; do we have anyone on the inside we can trust?"

Of those assembled it was Plakia that first voiced…

"Cassie, not one to, rock the boat, but what they're asking of us…."

Cassandra stopped her there and said.

"I know where this conversation is headed so let me clear the air. Espionage was never our strong suit, that's why I suggested we try working from the inside. That said, unless their Commander was blind they knew who they were attacking and have had sufficient time to inform whoever is behind this of their encounter. Should it be the Empire itself we know how tightly they can put something under wraps. Should it be a satellite nation that could prove interesting especially if they haven't bothered to notify the Empire for fear of getting their hands slapped? That's why we need someone on the inside to observe. Okay, snoop around with out getting caught. Now back to my original question do we have or know of anyone we can trust that has unfettered access to the Empire?"

From the back of the room a voice was heard saying.

"I have unlimited access to the Empire and I'd know what we're looking for…"

Before they finished Cassandra said.

"Out of the question Donald, I appreciate the offer but you're staying here… any other suggestions?"

The room went silent, Cassandra moved to where Donald was she was blunt.

"I thought I lost you once, I'll not chance losing you again, if they caught you… NO… not gonna happen, no way, understood."

"My dear, lets be realistic, unless we find someone, we stand the chance, sooner or later of having a fleet equipped as that ship was staring down our throats. Considering what Ariel and Chitose have discovered this planet wouldn't survive. You haven't seen the report; by the look in your eyes you haven't… here, it’s a short read and comes to the point quickly."

Cassandra reads it… the color fades from her face… she transfers it to the main viewer for all to read. The room becomes a mass of mummers… it was KO that said…

"Cassie, I think we're in the espionage business unless a miracle comes into view."

"KO had you seen this report and if so why wasn't I informed of…"

"I saw it; I figured you had seen it, that's why when you started on the subject I was confused as were the rest of us. This explains Plakia's look…."

Pulling herself together Cassandra took in the room, they were observing her at length. Feeling a bit foolish she turns to Donald and says.

"I want a plan on my desk… and I don't want you to go alone… there has to be someone else…"

"I'll look, Cassie your concern is not misplaced but I've been places and done things… I'm no stranger to … I'll look and submit a plan."

Aboard Ramaj Shawn and Miranda have been in a complex conversation; several messages were parked in the ships computer. Accessing them, they reviewed the past two hours including the Council, Alliance meeting, once it played Shawn stopped the system and said.

"We need to go planet side… we'll have some explaining to do so be prepared for…"

"A grilling, I saw the urgent message announcement and I'm the one who… ignored it… I'm sorry Shawn I'll go and face the music."

To the transporter and to the pad outside Command they arrive as Cassandra finishes her discussion of what to do next. Miranda sees the report from Ariel and says.

"They really did it, those old fools, they took it from a prototype to an operation device… that unstable piece of a bad nightmare. We need to …"

Shawn pulls her back outside and to a secluded spot just west of the Center. Once there he says.

"You know… why didn't say something before…"

"I knew of a extremely unstable platform that had already killed at least fifty people… in my mind the possibility was so remote that… remember that was five years ago too."

They thought they were alone when Donald approached them… he excused the interruption and said.

"I know you're a ghost, and with that I could never ask you to accompany me, but could you meet with Cassie, my mother and sister and tell us everything you know?"

She looked and Shawn nodded approval then added.

"I'm going with you I know how persuasive my sister can be and Donald's right you should remain a ghost just as the rest of your crew has."

Lily had retired early, Robert was sitting on the swing on the front deck of their residence when he looked up and said.

"Ladies good evening to what do I owe the honor of your visit."

Erin and Li, the Councils representatives to the Alliance asked if the could take some of this time.

"Have a seat what is on your mind?" Robert inquired.

"You heard of the incident with Independence, have you?"

"No I haven't are they…"

"They're fine, the ships a bit disorganized…"

Looking at Li, Erin said.

"Disorganized is that the proper term?"

"No it's not, we're disorganized, Robert they took fire and it knocked most of their primary systems, most notable weapons and navigation. They're in space dock the crew is uninjured the ship is under repair, it's what attacked them that we are consulting with you about tonight."

Stunned and his curiosity aroused, Robert asked them to continue. Erin handed a pad as Li continued.

"What you're about to review doesn't leave this venue, look at the complete readout before we continue and when you have let us know."

Robert read the documents stopping twice and shaking his head when completed he said.

"Do we know any more than is presented here?"

"No that's why we're here, here's the question. A ship with that speed and firepower can it be, invincible?

Robert looked at the data they had, it wasn't much, a fast ship a devastating weapon, the surprise was they laid down cover fire to assist in their retreat. Rising from the swing he paced the deck and finally said.

"We never fired a shot at them, now any sensible Commander when suddenly confronted four to one would retreat but… they supposedly had a weapon that should have neutralized our force, if it didn't knock them out completely."

He continued to pace the deck and…

"A big gun, a fast ship and little to no defenses, how I wished one of them got a salvo off at that ship, I believe the result could have been devastating."

Erin smiled Li on the other hand was…

"Assuming you're correct, could that have been a prototype and to avoid being discovered they were trying to …"

"Remove the observer that would explain the chase, however, okay, if it was a prototype. It might not have had a full sensor array on board maybe they didn't know the damage they had done… interesting, but we can't go on this with out some more evidence. It would be nice to have just a bit more data like a scan of the ship."

At that moment Robert's comm. device became active. Bringing it on line Sari said.

"Dad I know you have company, I'm on my way there to keep mother, company. As soon as I arrive could I get you and your guest to go to Dawn's?"

Robert acknowledged her message and waited, when she approached he told her Lily had retired for the evening, should she wake inform her of his location and let him know. She agreed and they left with Sari sitting on the swing.

Dawn's place was filling rapidly; when Robert and group arrived the meeting had moved to the covered deck behind her residence. Once settled Cassandra said.

"I'll not go into a lot of detail, most of you know why we are gathered here, and we've been requested, by the Alliance to investigate the incident from earlier. I'll hand out these pads, they contain all the information we presently have, review them and if you have any additions let me know, once sorted out we need to come up with an investigative plan… we do have someone who could possibility get inside the Empire and snoop around, however I'm hesitant to enter the spy business."

Robert scanned the pad and… inquired this of Cassandra.

"I have an opinion or rather an observation; however I'd like a fellow engineer to bounce ideas off of. Is Marjee where we can get her here easily?"

Cassandra tapped her data pad and entered a message, the response was almost immediate, and she smiled and said.

"She's just finishing dinner give her ten minutes and she'll be here."

Robert, Erin and Li moved off to one corner, Cassandra took note and sent Dawn to join them it was at that moment Marjee arrived she joined them and a spirited conversation ensued. Observing everyone there Donald said.

"You know they might be on to something over there, something I hadn't thought about."

It was Miranda who joined the conversation, what she said brought the group to silence. Finishing she said.

"A rumor, a possibility, it's been five years but one thing is for sure if that's the device in question five years ago it was deadly unstable, to the tune of almost fifty lives lost. Judging that the hardliners are in charge and what we survived I'm biased but I'll let what I have said soak in and…"

The conversation continued till almost dawn, there wasn't a decision reached; Cassandra and Dawn took in all the information and conjecture and told everyone a decision would come later today. Robert headed home to find his daughter asleep on the sofa and Lily making breakfast.

She greeted him and said they'd talk after he had some food and rest. She was not angry or disappointed in the least. Robert felt Sari must have confided in her when she awoke however why didn't she notify him? A topic for later in the day. He had a light breakfast and retired. Lily took a book and sat in the swing reading.

Marjee stopped for breakfast and found Ariel with Chitose dining. She asked to join them and after the meal was finished she ask if they had time for a chat. Moving to the backroom of the inn she sat them down and informed them of the meeting she just left after she finished she said.

"Why you weren't included escapes me but since I'm here I've got questions and hopefully you might directly or indirectly have answers or ideas, Shall we begin?"

The conversation got underway with Marjee presenting the big gun, fast ship, no defense opinion. Ariel was uncertain however Chitose was following Marjee. When she finished Ariel said.

"They had to have shields they reflected our scans, so defenseless I think not…"

Chitose disagreed by saying…

"Shields, not so fast, deflectors I'd agree and I don't know of any sane builder that would launch something that couldn't push debris out its way. Deflectors properly modulated could reflect anything including our scans and we really didn't get the chance to modulate our scan… Marjee the Big gun, defenseless ship could be a possibility. What is the plan might I ask?"

"Cassandra and the Council have a lot of opinions and very little tangible information to sort through, I'll assume you're aware that the Alliance wants us to investigate capture or destroy the weapon and get any data we can… talk about mission impossible."

Ariel went blank, Chitose was dumbfounded and said.

"Besides being crazy and with what I know about the Empire, which would fill this coffee cup, they've got to be kidding?"

Marjee shook her head gently from side to side, and she said.

"I wish, I'm afraid they're dead serious, and if that weapon gets perfected, if it isn't already and placed in a proper vessel. Look we're all experienced and I feel fairly well educated plus being quite open minded. I'll stop there."

They left the backroom and returned to their respective ships… Marjee fell asleep while Ariel and Chitose went over their data one last time, looking for anything they might have missed.

Erin and Li had returned to the Council where they reported to Gwen and Tao… Neither was impressed with what they heard and Tao said.

"Spy business is too messy; I say we discover its location by tracing the signature and launch…"

"No my daughter, that's a guaranteed way to have the entire Imperial Star Forces blasting us… the Empire takes a very dim view of outsiders meddling in their internal affairs."

"Mother I disagree we're not meddling we're…"

"If you say declaring war, I swear I'll…"

"ENOUGH…"

Erin and Gwen spoke in unison then Gwen continued.

"Let's see what Cassandra decides, until then it's an issue on hold… no more wild discussion."

Leaving Tao and Li to stew Erin and Gwen headed to a familiar abode. Lafiel was in the garden and said as they approached.

"If you're here to view the flowers, I welcome you, if you're here to recruit me, continue walking."

Erin and Gwen stood beside Lafiel it was Erin that said.

"View the flowers most certainly, to ask your opinion on, if you wish, to recruit you, no you've been through enough and unlike some members of the Council we understand."

One on each side of her and flowers in front, for the moment Lafiel felt trapped Erin sensed this and moved along side Gwen, with a bit of hesitance Lafiel asked.

"My opinion, on what subject?"

Erin and Gwen backed away, Lafiel faced them, and the seriousness of this conversation became evident as Erin said.

"The internal workings of the Empire a brief overview…"

"You're not planning on taking action against the Empire are you?"

It was then Erin realized Lafiel had no idea of the past hours events… wondering if she should brief Lafiel, Gwen said.

"Mother, no… I'll do it as head of the Council… Lafiel tell me what you know about the events of this day?"

Lafiel mentioned daily routine with no mention of Ariel, Council or the Alliance… in other words she was clueless and Gwen decided to brief her with a general overview. Taking her pad and editing a brief she handed it to Lafiel and said.

"This is a brief overview of the past twelve hours it should give you an idea of why we are here."

Lafiel read it, handed the pad back turned towards the flowers and said.

"That's not much data, a lot of guessing which if you're wrong… Ariel… she's okay her crew..."

"They're fine, ships in repair dock; we've got a dilemma which I'd like your opinion on…"

"I need sometime to think about this, you're asking a lot and… I need time, please leave me… now."

Erin and Gwen left. Lafiel took in the flowers and made the walk to the falls. Sitting alongside the monument she spoke…

"I knew there would come a time where I would really miss you and your council… today is one of those moments… if you heard or saw through my eyes what I just went through… I do wish you were here…"

She moved to and embraced the monument, the sound of footsteps and…

"Mother, are you okay?"

A tear streaked Lafiel turned to see Shawn and Miranda and… Shawn replaced the monument with himself and said.

"What troubles you, can I help you?"

"Son do you know what has happened recently, not on this world but in space?"

Miranda went to speak and Shawn waved her off, he addressed Lafiel directly.

"Tell me what you know mother and more importantly where you heard it from."

Lafiel explained the conversation she had, while she knew a few things she didn't know everything, considering Erin and Gwen told her they tried their best to filter the data. With that understanding Shawn said

"I'm aware of those facts they are correct, what did they want from you?"

"I think they wanted my opinion on whether… something to do with the Empire… do you have any idea of what they're talking about?"

His death had rattled her to her core, she was and wasn't the person she was before. Those who were close knew this those who weren't… Gwen had shaken Lafiel to her very core. Taking his mother in tow and motioning Miranda to follow they left the falls. Once at the Residence and her settled he contacted Jasmine notified her of Lafiel's present condition, Jasmine said she'd be right there… outside Shawn addressed a confused Miranda.

"Simply put Dad and Mom after decades together had become quite dependant on each other. His sudden passing has left her no longer whole… unknowingly Gwen has triggered something we've tried slowly to acclimate mother to, making decisions on her own. She's in a panic, something this serious was too soon for her, it's the reason Cassie and Donald have postponed their marriage, so as not to stress her… the damage is done and depending on how this plays out it might be for the best."

Jasmine arrives and Shawn briefs her, once accomplished he and Miranda head to the Council Chamber on the outskirts Saio intercepts them and said.

"I've heard from Jasmine, I'm going in with you. You're too emotionally involved to do this on you own."

Shawn agreed, the three of them entered the chamber found Erin and Gwen and had a civil conversation after which Gwen said.

"Shawn I'm sorry I didn't know, if, how do I put this, we'd still like your mother's input if she's up to it."

Slightly amazed Shawn told her that would be Lafiel's decision and they would have to abide with what ever she decides. As they leave, Shawn speaks to Miranda.

"We're not done and the next thing I need to do is tell sis what's happened and I want you with me."

"For moral support or to referee, I know how your sister can be."

"Both if you don't mind…"

Cassandra had moved to the memorial gardens just outside the Command Center she was seated on a bench taking in the view when…

"Sis we need to talk, its important and it concerns mother…"

Cassandra looked up to see Shawn and Miranda, His face told her of the seriousness of the conversation to follow. She motioned them to sit and they joined her on the bench… The conversation while intense ended with Cassandra saying.

"They put mom in a real spot and she panicked… something I had always feared but… I knew this day was going to come and I have dreaded it because I figured it would be I who caused the… Gwen did us a favor indirectly that said I'll assume you gave them a piece of your mind so I'll let it go at that unless you say otherwise… we need to go to her we need to be there for her don't you agree?"

Shawn was stunned, he figured Cassandra would be… she was quite calm almost too calm about this. Now he was really worried something Miranda sensed she took his hand gave it a gentle squeeze which brought his gaze to her she smiled and said.

"I think Cassie has a point, we should go see for ourselves how she's doing… Jasmine has been known to…"

"Yeah, you're right, well Cassie, are you ready to face the future?"

"I'd rather face the future than relive the past, don't you agree?"

The walk to Residence was short however the reception that waited for them was unexpected. Waiting on the walk to the Residence were Plakia's First Officer, Risch and Mia. It was Mia that spoke…

"We've been asked to um, 'STOP' you from entering instead of creating a scene could you respect…"

"Your Grandmother's request and stay here." Said Plakia's First Officer and rather bluntly.

Voices were coming from the Residence, voices they recognized, a sense of confusion and anger was sensed Cassandra moved forward and Mia stopped her.

"You want your mother back, we all do, let those inside continue, and I guarantee no harm will come to her."

Several hours passed and Jasmine along with Noel and Plakia came to the front of the Residence… Cassie went to speak it was Plakia who said.

"I'm back from to dead to help put the dead to rest… she'll be back to functional, not so much normal because she finally is facing her new normal head on… let her rest we'll watch over her and when she's ready we'll let you know… Cassie as for the Councils questions concerning the Empire… I'll handle them you… figure out a plan but do not execute it until we've had a chance to speak again."

Looking at her First Officer Plakia said.

"You're with me; we've got a Council to set straight, NOW."

They left and Jasmine added this.

"She's sleeping, without any intervention; it’s a peaceful sleep lets let her stay that way."

Noel and Jasmine returned to the Residence, Shawn and Cassandra turned to walk away when her comm. device became active, answering she heard this from Sari...

"Get back here as soon as possible; we have a problem that requires your personal intervention."

The link abruptly closed and not wasting a second they headed for the Command Center.

To Be Continued In: The Unexpected Visitor

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."