Shorts Stories Comments

We are happy to introduce you to this short story series. These Short Stories are inspired by Hiroyuki Morioka's Seikai series. They take place 10 years after Jinto and Lafiel first met.

Written and copyrighted by Diaho. A.K.A. Aviator.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Shorts Stories Comments

Post by Diaho »

Please remember these are Fan Fiction.
Any resemblance to Canon is unintentional.

These are revisions of the originals, they have been edited for content and grammar.

Note: Rushing the author might produce undesirable results. :roll:

"Ah! You don't know my name?
Its very simple, Lafiel you shall say.
In return I'd like to call you Jinto."

Diaho
Site Administrator

Re: Shorts Stories Comments

Post by Diaho »

It seems this project will take more time than I anticipated.
Converting proofing and formating 400+ pages of text.
Is not going to be an overnight chore.
Please be patience I'm typing as fast as I can..

This is also going to delay the next chapter too..

Garnet
Lander

Post by Garnet »

Diaho wrote:It seems this project will take more time than I anticipated.
Converting proofing and formating 400+ pages of text.
Is not going to be an overnight chore.
Please be patience I'm typing as fast as I can..

This is also going to delay the next chapter too..
400 pages? did not seem that much >_<

Edit: (Diaho)Oops!! fingers slipped :oops: *800 should be 400 and now is ..*
Spaurh
Founding Member

Post by Spaurh »

Its one thing to just read 400 pages... but quite another to go through them and do editing.. Patience young padwan.. patience...
Midnight Star
Founding Member

Post by Midnight Star »

Look forward to chapter 18 in due time and I know how time consuming it is to read and edit 400 pages.
terraknor
Lander

Post by terraknor »

Good Day

Could someone share with me chapter 13 of the novel, my HD crashed and I managed to get all the chapters except 13.

Thanks
Ekuryua
Vassel

Post by Ekuryua »

The Short Stories are on this site in both Posted Versions and Word Document Version.
End Transmission.
terraknor
Lander

Post by terraknor »

Ekuryua wrote:The Short Stories are on this site in both Posted Versions and Word Document Version.
Chapters 7 to 13 in both formats have the leyend of coming soon.
Ekuryua
Vassel

Post by Ekuryua »

Ah. They'll be up soon then.

Remember, our admin's a busy guy. :D
End Transmission.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

terraknor wrote:
Ekuryua wrote:The Short Stories are on this site in both Posted Versions and Word Document Version.
Chapters 7 to 13 in both formats have the legend of coming soon.
Wait a couple of days.. I'll get you a copy...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Thirteen is posted in Doc format only... I'll post it after the board upgrades... :)

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

The next short story will be delayed.
I'm sorry.
Life is throwing more curves my way than I can presently dodge..

Jinto
Lander

Post by Jinto »

How has it been going?
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Jinto wrote:How has it been going?
I've been extremely busy as of late, and I've been fighting a sinus infection...
Chapter 18 is underway well the 1st page is .. Time is my enemy at the moment. Although I'm about done traveling for now...
My own bed... Yeah :sleep:

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Hurray Page one of 18 is complete... I'm trying to have something by new years... A snippet...
Spoiler:
Nasse adjusted the blanket in little Plakia’s crib. It was late afternoon and the sun would soon be in her eyes. Turning back to the window she watches as her sons put the finishing touches on the snowman. She reflects on the last few months since Plakia was born and how they had gone by so rapidly. Plakia would be four months soon and so much has happened. When the first month passed and Ku left for the Hyde system, he moved them into the south wing of the house. The next thing she knew, Ku and Seelnay returned happily married. It was a short-lived visit as they soon left to join the Princess and her friends.

Plakia rolled on her side pushed the blanket away. Nasse reached over and readjusted it while remembering the day when Ku’s mother informed her that Ku had died. Plakia was trying to sit up at that time, and had Ku and Seelnay been there, they would have been proud. Ku’s funeral was a cold and snowy affair. It disturbed Nasse that none of them were there. Seelnay had left her a message explaining their absence; the best she could, and told Nasse once this mission was finished, they would return to visit. That note was now displayed on the console screen near the crib. Still, it left Nasse wondering if she would ever see any of them again. Returning to the window, she taps it lightly. Her son’s look towards her, she motions them to come inside.

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Eighteen is proving to be another large work.
I'm breaking it up into pieces.
You'll probably find the first 15 pages or so posted fairly soon.
However the word .doc won't be posted till the work is completed.

Thank You...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Snippet ....

Spoiler:
"Lafiel calm down. Please!" Jinto's words went unheard. They had questioned everyone on the construction site and aboard both transports and had drawn a blank. Lafiel was not taking the news very well; in fact she was not accepting the facts as they were being presented to her. "No. NO! NO! " Lafiel slammed her fist into the sled seat. Lifting the seat she goes to remove the laser pistols. Instinctively Jinto slammed the lid closed; almost catching her fingers in the process. "Forget it Lafiel. You're not getting to these until you've cooled off. You're not on Clasbul, these people are our friends." She glared at Jinto her eyes like the lasers she was trying to recover and use. She turned, pushed Samson aside and started towards the village a foot. "Ku Rin Apu Asu Tangu Kipu!" Lafiel cursed as she walked away.

Sobbash and Risch both stared in horror. Jinto noticed this and asked. "So what did she just say?" They both shake their heads and answer in unison. "You really don't want to know Jinto. Just be aware that she is very angry." Risch raised his arm, his creunoc was flashing. "There is a scrambled message from the ship. This maybe the break we need." Jinto interrupts. "Lafiel's gone. Let me get her before you answer that. She'll be furious if we don't." Jinto headed off in the direction Lafiel had left in. Sobbash commented to the others. "If she wasn't furious when she stormed out of here. I don't think I ever want to see her furious." Risch and Samson nod in agreement. Risch placed the link on hold while they all looked towards the direction Jinto had left in. The silence is deafening.

Spaurh
Founding Member

Post by Spaurh »

Diaho wrote:Snippet ....

Spoiler:
"Lafiel calm down. Please!" Jinto's words went unheard. They had questioned everyone on the construction site and aboard both transports and had drawn a blank. Lafiel was not taking the news very well; in fact she was not accepting the facts as they were being presented to her. "No. NO! NO! " Lafiel slammed her fist into the sled seat. Lifting the seat she goes to remove the laser pistols. Instinctively Jinto slammed the lid closed; almost catching her fingers in the process. "Forget it Lafiel. You're not getting to these until you've cooled off. You're not on Clasbul, these people are our friends." She glared at Jinto her eyes like the lasers she was trying to recover and use. She turned, pushed Samson aside and started towards the village a foot. "Ku Rin Apu Asu Tangu Kipu!" Lafiel cursed as she walked away.

Sobbash and Risch both stared in horror. Jinto noticed this and asked. "So what did she just say?" They both shake their heads and answer in unison. "You really don't want to know Jinto. Just be aware that she is very angry." Risch raised his arm, his creunoc was flashing. "There is a scrambled message from the ship. This maybe the break we need." Jinto interrupts. "Lafiel's gone. Let me get her before you answer that. She'll be furious if we don't." Jinto headed off in the direction Lafiel had left in. Sobbash commented to the others. "If she wasn't furious when she stormed out of here. I don't think I ever want to see her furious." Risch and Samson nod in agreement. Risch placed the link on hold while they all looked towards the direction Jinto had left in. The silence is deafening.
Thus it appears that yet another great masterful piece of work is about be come forth yet again! :D
Jinto
Lander

Post by Jinto »

Is there any update on how chapter 18 is coming along?
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Chapter 18 is to page eighteen..
One of my major headaches is out of the way ..almost :banghead:
This should give me the extra time to put to this site and the next chapter....

Hopefully.... :amismiling:

Oni
Lander

Post by Oni »

any idea when your going to be out with the next section? Thanks :D
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Oni wrote:any idea when your going to be out with the next section? Thanks :D

I was hoping by now :!: however theres a snag of a personal nature... More soon :banghead:

Oni
Lander

Post by Oni »

ok :happy take your time
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Progress is slow.. Another snippet is below:
Spoiler:
It was the data and instruction that Commander Ekuryua had given Kufadis that had made this approach and landing a complete success. Most Abh are never instructed in planetary operations, only those who receive any instruction at all are the transport captains and it is very basic. Most transport captain’s first landing on a planet is actually that, their first landing. Some go without incident, others have been with great malady and loss of life. Kufadis first landing had left him with a sense of awe. Awe that soon turned to panic. It was then that he contacted Ekuryua for her guidance. Ignoring the fact she had been labeled the most dangerous pilot in the fleet, he knew her expertise in planetary operations was above even the most experienced of transport captains. He had taken her advice and had applied his own common sense to it and had arrived at an approach that even the ships simulators found interesting. His constant practice in planetary landings had born fruit. Spoor sat completely calm next to him. She never once from the point of departure to the splashdown showed any signs of panic at all. Compared to their first landing, this was a ride in the simulator, flawless and perfect, perfection Kufadis was about to tarnish.

“THUD!” The shuttle struck the dock abruptly. Admiral Spoor was almost thrown to the floor from the impact. She had removed the restraint device once they were on their way to the dock. A mistake she’d never make again. Regaining her seat she said. ”I guess I should have expected this. Ekuryua did train you and I knew something would finally rub of on you.” Kufadis sat red faced. His failure to anticipate the slight current at the docking area caused their little bump. It was a bump that barely registered on the ships instruments. Frustrated he turned to Spoor and says. “Fine Painiach! You drive next time!” He returned to the console and finished powering down the shuttle. Spoor sat in amazement, and then finally she regained her composure as Kufadis was leaving the command deck and said. “I’m sorry Kufadis, it was not that big of a deal. I...” His rapid departure let her speechless. She stood and followed him.

wolf81inIL
Lander

Post by wolf81inIL »

Aviator man, how things goin? Haven't heard much from you in a while.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

wolf81inIL wrote:Aviator man, how things goin? Haven't heard much from you in a while.
Slowly and you?

wolf81inIL
Lander

Post by wolf81inIL »

Good good, just makin sure you were still alive. Been a while since an update.
Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Time for another preview
Spoiler:
The view over the lake was breath taking. Scholar stood taking every bit of it in. Sol Eros had beauty, but nothing like what greeted her eyes at this moment. This was the home the builders had hoped for. The sequence of events that had brought her and her people here became more ordered as she gazed across the lake and up into the mountains to the northwest of them. Now there was harmony, for the moment, but there was also the discord of the attack, the politics of the Abh in general and Lafiel’s brother in particular. Scholar understood that she would have to confront the council with her plans for their future and she still hoped that Lafiel would answer all of the questions that will be put to her after the ceremony.

The sound of Jinto and Lafiel leaving the residence and heading towards the garden halted the rest of her reflections. Scholar sensed the anger emanating from Jinto, however she decided to hold her position and let them work it out for themselves. Returning her gaze to the lake and the reflection of the sun upon the water, she though how wonderful it was to be able to view this and not be in fear of dying as they were on Sol Eros. She sensed Ekuryua’s approach at the last moment. “Good afternoon Commander. What brings you here?” Ekuryua stood alongside Scholar gazing across the lake.

“Scholar I … I’m not very happy with myself. It seems I cause discord everywhere I go and I’m at a loss to understand why?” Scholar glances towards Ekuryua. Her solemn face shows two streaks of tears. Scholar turns towards Ekuryua to take her in her arms. Ekuryua falls sobbing into them, her head resting on Scholar’s shoulder. “Why do I say what I say? I believe what I say to be correct, but the amount of discord it causes. I don’t understand?” Scholar holds a sobbing Ekuryua and says. “Although I’ve known you for a very short time. I’ve come to respect what you have to say.”

Ekuryua stood as Scholar released her grip and faced her. “You’ll excuse me. I shouldn’t have done that. I don’t know what came over me...” Scholar sees an embarrassed and confused being standing before her, instinct kicks in and she says. “Commander you need not worry. I’m willing to help you if you wish. You need not tell me your life story. I’ve already had a good ideal of how it’s been.” Ekuryua stands before her, the solemn face showed confusion followed by anger. Scholar sees this and says. “Commander. No need to get angry. I was not meaning to anger you.” Ekuryua’s anger subsides. She looks deeply into Scholars eyes they show no fear or emotion. “Have you probed my mind?” Scholar shakes her head. “No Commander. I’ve not read your mind or probed your thoughts. I have spoken with your ship and I’ve seen your DNA. I’ll assume you do not know how really special you are?”
18 Is now 33 pages long and hopefully will be completed in June of 08 or at least some of it posted by then..
Being one person has limits that only one who's been in my present position would understand..
Thank you for your patience till now...

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Wow almost another month has passed.. I've hardly had time to work on anything.

The month is still young hope fully.. I'll finish this soon...

Another Tidbit....
Spoiler:
Lafiel had arrived at the shore, removed her boots, socks, rolled up her slacks and was walking with the water gently washing over her feet. She found this very relaxing both physically and mentally. Jinto’s words, although they made sense, were ringing in her ears. She stood about ankle deep in the lake watching the sunset and thinking she should be going back to the residence soon. The sound of someone approaching brought this comment from her. “Jinto I thought I told you I’d find you.” The voice that answered was not Jinto’s. “Nice sunset Admiral. Do they all look like this one?” She turned sharply to see Sobbash standing along side of her. “For the most part Admiral they do look like this. What brings you to my little part of this planet?” Sobbash leans down picks a small rock up and skips it across the surface. “I was bored and concerned so I came to relieve myself of both feelings.”

Lafiel’s very neutral expression prompts Sobbash to continue. “Since the wing flyer came back by himself that triggered the concern and Spoor was being Spoor that was what bored me. So I scanned the area found one lone life sign and decided to see if she wanted company. Here I am ready to listen if you wish.” Lafiel’s face softened in the fading light. She faced the sunset and said. “Sobbash we’ve know each other for more than ten years. We’ve had our differences and our agreements. What surprises me is your ability to sense when I need someone besides Jinto to talk to.” She turned and faced Sobbash. “It’s going to be lonely around here when you and Samson leave to go back to the Hyde depot.” Sobbash smiled and said. “You’re sure we are leaving this place? What if I told you we were planning on staying here, setting up residence and living the rest of our lives out on this world?”

Diaho
Site Administrator

Post by Diaho »

Funerals, floods and fly-in's.
By the time this month is over I'll have had enough of them.
On my way to another funeral.. the rivers crest Saturday 06.21.08.
and the fly -in starts 06.19.08 - 06.22.08.

:rant:

:amismiling: